• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery/Fastboot or Download Mode

paopyri

Aug 9, 2013
After I rooted my LG Optimus Showtime using unlockroot.com, I installed a few root apps and restarted my phone. Now, it boots up to the blue screen with the Tracfone/StraightTalk logo. I need to know how to get it into recovery/fastboot mode or download mode so I can install the stock rom, right? But, I cannot find anything online about how to do this. I can get to the hard factory reset screen, but this does nothing to change it. Any help would be very much appreciated. :thinking:

Ok you will need this to repair

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGL86C

Now what you want to do is download all usb device drivers for this to work .when done with the drivers you want to first check for UPDATES TO THE DEVICE. If not updates you want to leave the device plugged to the usb . Go to the top right corner the drop down box .select UPDATE RECOVERY .this will take 45-50 minutes please don't unplug device while updates are taken place . Post back if any other problems

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones