• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery for commando

I put my nandroid here:

BS-20111129-2052.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Robert Glenn

I do not know if it is still there. I am at work and file share sites are blocked on my work computer. As far as how I got my phone to work (back then) I just restored the above nandroid and it went back to working. BTW, I was on 2.3.3 when I started. If you will go back one page on this thread another gentleman has a link to a file shared 2.2.1 nandroid if that is what you are looking for.

Be careful. You can really mess your phone up. I've done it twice now so I'm going to be a spectator now.

is the link 2.3.3 or 2.2.1 ?

Upvote 0
I put my nandroid here:

BS-20111129-2052.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Robert Glenn

I do not know if it is still there. I am at work and file share sites are blocked on my work computer. As far as how I got my phone to work (back then) I just restored the above nandroid and it went back to working. BTW, I was on 2.3.3 when I started. If you will go back one page on this thread another gentleman has a link to a file shared 2.2.1 nandroid if that is what you are looking for.

Be careful. You can really mess your phone up. I've done it twice now so I'm going to be a spectator now.

Thank you very much !
my phone work now !

Upvote 0
oooooh.... so that's what rjglenn stands for lol.

ok, so how would I edit the script to revert(go back) to the ORIGINAL recovery.

lol why do white people yell at people who don't speak english? like saying it louder will make someone understand it better lol

Gimme time to look at it, and I'll see if I can reverse engineer it for your.

Upvote 0

If you rename dump-recovery.img to recovery.img, place it back in the recovery folder on your sd card, and rerun it, it should work. Otherwise, if you want, I can mod the to do the reverse (honestly right now, you're best bet is to do it yourself. This isn't high in my priority list., because there's an easy fix..)

Otherwise, you can learn Linux command to modify it (hint, after it declares variables, "mv /sdcard/dump-recovery.img /sdcard/recoveryflash/recovery.img")

Upvote 0
i think that's what rjglenn did, and he has added another brick to his wall......

I renamed the dump recovery file recovery.img and used the script that GNM provided to flash his recovery, thinking it would just put it back. I excuted the script using the script program that was used with the V6 supercharger script. It didn't work. After plinking around for a while with the terminal emulator I called reboot recovery. I got to the "now loading" screen. After an hour I figured it didn't work. I was not able to call recovery with abd from the computer (adb wait-for-device reboot recovery). So it was a big fail.

As far as Asurion, if you brick it, tell them what you want. You bricking it shouldn't even come up in the converstation.

Upvote 0
oooooh.... so that's what rjglenn stands for lol.

ok, so how would I edit the script to revert(go back) to the ORIGINAL recovery.

lol why do white people yell at people who don't speak english? like saying it louder will make someone understand it better lol

i am not white people , i am chinese .

GNM's script does not work on my phone ,
so i made scripts myself .

Upvote 0
i think that's what rjglenn did, and he has added another brick to his wall......

if you want to install the recovery ,
it means you must run this command :

"flash_image recovery (the path)/recovery.img"

so you must place the "flash_image" into "system/bin" and chmod it to 755.

it needs root .

the GNM's script does not work on my phone . but my script does.

Upvote 0
I've been wanting to exchange this under warranty for months. The vibrate sounds like it rattled loose. Lol. Its pretty annoying, but I can live with it.
Also, if a root method is found, and there's an update that actually has something useful.

Ok, lemme look into it. I'm at school right now and building a kernel/trying to overclock my phone (Xperia Play) but after I get home, I'll look into it.

Reactions: jova33
Upvote 0
I've been wanting to exchange this under warranty for months. The vibrate sounds like it rattled loose. Lol. Its pretty annoying, but I can live with it.
Also, if a root method is found, and there's an update that actually has something useful.

Yeah... I was just thinking about this. If I did trade in the phone under warranty, it will probably contain the newest update. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones