• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RECOVERY] LTE2 Recovery App now with Touch.

So Im running the Katana ROM and I had the old lte recovery app. It was running fine but it didnt not have touch screen. So I downloaded and installed this app.

I used this app to do a backup in recovery mode which was completed with no issue. After doing the back up I tried to 'reboot system now"

It loaded the LG symbol twice and went back to recovery mode

I tried to restore from my backup and reboot again same issue happen

I tried to remove the battery, restart the phone and reboot again, same thing happen stuck on recovery mode

I wiped cache and dalvik cache, reboot again still stuck

Wipe data, and restore from backup and reboot again still stuck

What should I do next? My phone is stuck in recovery mode

Upvote 0
So Im running the Katana ROM and I had the old lte recovery app. It was running fine but it didnt not have touch screen. So I downloaded and installed this app.

I used this app to do a backup in recovery mode which was completed with no issue. After doing the back up I tried to 'reboot system now"

It loaded the LG symbol twice and went back to recovery mode

I tried to restore from my backup and reboot again same issue happen

I tried to remove the battery, restart the phone and reboot again, same thing happen stuck on recovery mode

I wiped cache and dalvik cache, reboot again still stuck

Wipe data, and restore from backup and reboot again still stuck

What should I do next? My phone is stuck in recovery mode

if you have a back up from the old recovery, try that. it worked for me. you might also have to a new rom flash all together.

Upvote 0
Hey is it absolutely necessary to use this recovery in pg's cm10 because when I use the original recovery that isnt touch in that cm10...the lg screen glitches up into green lg screens and doesnt boot...then itll freeze and reboot....sorry bout the long post

the Spirits CM includes recovery in it, so no need for this apk at all. ;)

Upvote 0
Omg I feel so stupid...I've been installing it every time I flash it....oh and does that mean that the reboot to recovery option in the power menu works also....or do I just do the button combo

that it does, least in Cm10. Not found how to patch it into cm-10.1 yet... then again I dont have 10.1 booting just yet either. ;)

Also, been playing with Android Studio and recompiling the apk from src. Seems to not get stuck now. ;)

Upvote 0
Stuck in this CWM after installing. Made a backup from it, it is still rebooting to CWM. Should I do this three times, click my heels together and say there's no place like home or is it time to do an unbrick procedure?

I tried that but had to unbrick. I just use the original non-touch now unless I'm using cm10. Its built into cm10 so it works perfect there

Upvote 0
Well I had no way to get a ROM onto the phone at that point, and besides, PG said that restoring a backup should work--did not work for me at all. What did work was the unbrick procedure. Although the instructions were abbreviated I got it going. It also did not actually revert everything to factory either, my old setup was there waiting for me when it finally got going again. That might have something to do with one of the 14,000 restore attempts that I made.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if it's safe to move the clockwork mod backup/folder to external sd? My backup is on internal and takes up to much space, so is it ok to move or will it cause problems if I need/have to perform a backup? Thanks in advance.

should be fine and you can choose to backup to external too ;)

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
Wow, you really don't sleep do you! Thanks for the reply, yea I went back into cwm and realized I could've done that, just wasn't paying att the first time being blown away with the cwm touch and finally being rooted again. It was easier than I had thought. All u guy working with this phone and all the others are really talented people, and I consider it an honor to just be able to use anything you all put your hands on! Thanks pg, and all of the devs.:thumbup:

Upvote 0
are you sure you partitioned the ext. and not the internal?

try reformating the card. but back up all your data first. I always keep a backup of my sd card data on my pc

Yea, pretty sure, I did it within cwm, how would I know if it partitioned int and not ext? I just used the option in cwm touch to partition, didn't see an option to choose which to partition. If it is internal will I have to fact reset to remove the partition? Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones