Recovery Mode Controls?Support

Last Updated:

1. urmumzfat

urmumzfat New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 16, 2010
    Basically, I've had my Galaxy i7500 for about a year :D, but I'll be getting a HTC Android (not sure which) later on. But that's another story.

I need to do a factory reset on my phone because I had that lock screen block where it asks for your GMail, but nothing was working. I tried the "null" password trick, and that got me through. Then I (have had this problem for ages) decided to do something about that download error problem, where nothing downloaded, and the suggestions where 1. Factory reset or 2. delete some data and cache from apps. Did that. Now it won't accept my GMail login because it erased my GMail from the phone, hence the need for a factory reset. Now that you've heard my life story (sorry :eek:), I'll get onto what I need.

Can anyone tell me the control for the recovery mode? I need them because reseting the phone through recovery mode keeps all of your pictures, videos and music but resets the rest. I like my media :D.

2. Prongs

Prongs Member

May 26, 2010
    Press the Volume down Button, and the Call/Call Accept button, and then hold the Power button. and keep pressing for 10 seconds.

This you should do obviously when your phone is switched off. Then you can see your recovery mode, else you'd get back to actual switching on.

Tip: Start by holding the volume down button.

3. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    If your media is that important, I'd just back it up to a PC first. But, then again, thats just me.