• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recovery of music after computer crash

simonolive

Apr 21, 2014
My laptop crashed and recovery has not proved fruitful. I have 25GB of music on my Note 3 from my iTunes (previously iPhone4 user) which I was able to put on my Note 3 using other software.

Does anybody know if software exists to transfer the 25GB of music on the Note 3 back onto iTunes or I suppose even the normal Music library so that I can recover that?

I know software exists (Touch Copy 12) to put music from an iPhone back onto iTunes but am not sure about Android to iTunes.

Thank you.

My laptop crashed and recovery has not proved fruitful. I have 25GB of music on my Note 3 from my iTunes (previously iPhone4 user) which I was able to put on my Note 3 using other software.

Does anybody know if software exists to transfer the 25GB of music on the Note 3 back onto iTunes or I suppose even the normal Music library so that I can recover that?

I know software exists (Touch Copy 12) to put music from an iPhone back onto iTunes but am not sure about Android to iTunes.

Thank you.

Just hook your Note 3 to your computer via your USB cable and open Windows Explorer and copy and paste it where ever you want it (25 GB's will take a while, but can be done). Other option, if that music is on your SD card, pull the card out and put it into you computer card reader and then copy it. As far as putting it back into ITunes, once back on your PC you can import that music back into ITunes.

Reactions: simonolive
Upvote 0
Thanks guys. Didn't expect it to be as simple as that. Thought it would only be done with new software etc. Apple are much more protective of their iTunes being manipulated and assumed quite wrongly that Samsung would be the same. Another reason not to have the iPhone I suppose.

I know iTunes, for some people just works and is fabulous, but for me personally it is a horrible resource hog, and I detest it anyway. It is one of my main reasons not to have an iPhone (the other one is the "manicured and impenetrable walled garden" of iOS and Apple). Your pretty much free to do what you like in Android with your files and folders, just leave any "app" or "data" folders alone unless you know what you're doing and make sure any media player /gallery app you install knows where to look for your photos, music, video etc files. A useful thing to do if creating a folder you don't want any application to look at as a media file is to create a ".nomedia" file in the parent folder. There is a tutorial somewhere on these forums for creating one in Windows to copy over when creating folders on a PC along with other useful tricks.

Reactions: simonolive
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones