Recovery problem maybe someone has a suggestion?

Last Updated:

1. xxwckdxx

xxwckdxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well i load Darchlegend last night and then did a wipe added Damageless, after i loaded damageless i was having problems so i did a nandroid restore of a olddddd backup i had(wasn't near my usual computer) and then i had a few problems. Ithen proceeded to try to unroot the phone, then i rerooted with kitchen, mountd then added 1.6.2 recovery on the sdcard, then i did the "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img" using a terminal which kept comming up with bad filename/file. So i then tried using adb and then it took the command but immediately showed the # and so i let the phone sit for 10 minutes or so. I tried to reboot into recovery and it wouldn't go anywhere got stuck at the "Htc " screen. I can get into fastboot mode but it comes up with a no remote connection or something like that. Ive tried pushing the file and flashing from adb(didn't work) tried unrooting(didn't work) tried flashing from the sdcard(didn't work) I tried the gold card way(didn't work) so now i don't know of any other ways. any suggestions before i call sprint?

Robert

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

DON'T CALL SPRINT! They won't help you because you were trying to root your phone.

Verify you are using the image for the CDMA hero and not the Gsm hero.

3. xxwckdxx

Everything i read says call sprint play stupid and they'll send a replacement of course iam not going to say i was flashing anything

4. xxwckdxx

it was a cdma rom i didnt really run into problems until i was flashing the recovery

5. Kelmar

So you unrooted by running the RUU and tried to root again and that's when it gave you problems, right?

Run the RUU again.

6. xxwckdxx

unrooted then rooted and tried to flash the newer recovery...ive tried ruu again but i get error[140]

7. Kelmar

No idea then... not currently rooted (because I like my warranty).

Try the rooted subforum.