[RECOVERY][ROOT][LOKI][CWM] Clockworkmod Recovery Touch for the LG Spirit LGMS870 (l1m)

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member

Finally after the awesomeness of djrbliss there is finally a way to have a real recovery.

Here ya go CWM touch for the LG Spirit.

Root & CWMT

Or just flash with the 2nd-init recovery

NOTE: This will not do a auto Factory Reset when booting to CWM!

Advertisement
    strutter67, OrKo, Spdfreak34 and 13 others like this.
  2. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member

Thanks PG. I needed this. lol

Special thanks djrbliss for the awesome loki_patch
  3. determined sou

determined sou Well-Known Member

How do we get into recovery ?
  4. GameTheory

Easiest way is to install Quick Boot from play store.
    killajoe and determined sou like this.
  5. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

now just crack that boothloader and get cm10 fully functional...lol Just giving you a hard time PG. Thanks for the hard work and to djrbliss also
  6. PlayfulGod

loki basically bypasses the cons of the locked bootloader and prolly bout as good as its gonna get.

Can have custom kernels now etc. Just a extra step needed for the recovery/boot.img's. ;)
  7. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

great so get to it and stop posting. haha, naw i knew that. I was messing around with you.:D
  8. GameTheory

Can we now remove the apps that brick the phone?

@PG I responded to you at other thread. Thanks for the tip Bro. ;)
  9. OptimusSlime

OptimusSlime Well-Known Member

GameTheory don't you have some ROM Patching to do? ;-)

SO HAPPY we will finally be able to OC! Found an extended life battery + cover for $10 on eBay...

So can we boot into the new CWM from Power off or does it still require an App?
  10. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

how different is this from the temp one we use now. Any hickups with it? The backups i already have will they work with this one?
    viperdink likes this.
  11. GameTheory

Lol I'll be including the patch in the new rom. In the meantime just flash this over any rom you are on and you'll be good to go. ;)
  12. OptimusSlime

OptimusSlime Well-Known Member

Wait WHAT??? You mean the recovery? Any idea how to access it from P-off ?
  13. PlayfulGod

Think that will require disabling wallpaper in the kernel from what I have seen discussed, but not looked into it myself... yet. ;)

I will also be updating CM10 to remove the 2nd-init recovery and reboot to recovery patch so it will reboot normally to cwm.

And I will prolly add to the root script to eliminate use of 2nd-init in the future. ;)
    cubone, OptimusSlime and GameTheory like this.
  14. jasonzech

jasonzech Well-Known Member

I love you guys!!!! Right on! Thanks to everyone that put there sweat and time into this!!

Quick question, reading other threads. Do I have to worry about it doing a factory reset when I don't want it to?
  15. determined sou

determined sou Well-Known Member

Hey pg , does this mean cm 10 will be up and running shortly , fully functioning ? Or is this just for custom kernel and true recovery ?
  16. Keithman2567

Keithman2567 Well-Known Member

Thank you pg awesome work
    To get to it from p off volume down and power. It will say factory reset press power to confirm. Just confirm it won't reset. I tried it multiple times.
    syacoff, tonylc74 and jasonzech like this.
  17. AGLtech

AGLtech Well-Known Member

Is there any pros to having this instead of the recovery we have on Katana? I know it will be great on cm10 but I love the way 2nd init works on here now. And I get into recovery from power off with no problem. Power plus volume up, if I do power plus volume down it will go to factory reset.
  18. AGLtech

AGLtech Well-Known Member

Goo.im sucks!!! Lol
  19. PlayfulGod

it goes the the lg reset screen but wont do a factory reset when confirmed with this one. This is a true recovery, which can save you from having to do the unbrick method on alot of booboos. Is it a must install??? no, not really, but it is the preferred way. ;)
    jasonzech and Allenric like this.
  20. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

So I just flash this in 2nd int recovery and blickity bam?
  21. genovdot

genovdot Well-Known Member

Can someone mirror this for me. I always have major problems with goo.im. the page just keeps refreshing.
  22. PlayfulGod

from pc or phone?
  23. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

have you donated to them to improve their servers?

i only ask because goo.im used to be an amazing service, now instead they provide hosting/services to every tom, dick, and harry that claim is a dev. because of that they have a MASSIVE amount of people downloading. they have posted plenty of times that the only way the speeds are going to get better is if tehy get betetr equipment, and without donations (you get premium membership so no 10 second wait) they cant get it. the first year goo.im was up it was run out of their own personal money.

i guess what im getting at is, if you donated to help their servers and you feel their service is inferior well then you have your right to an opinion. if you are instead just complaining about a hosting company that provides a far better service than the likes of rapidshare etc for many android devs all for free...
  24. PlayfulGod

every one of the hosting sites suffer from the same issues at one point in time. ;)
  25. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

indeed its teh downside of becoming popular :/