• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Recovery][Root]Pantech Breakout Root & CWM Recovery All in One

Having the same problems as you man, running windows 7 64-bit, found the motorola 64 bit drivers but I still get that the device is never detected when running the recovery aio file. Can't find anyone with a 32 bit computer to try the originally included motorola drivers. Installed the drivers from the phone (verizon popup takes forever) as well as the fastboot drivers (or at least i double click the thing, just seems to execute and close), and the adb executable included.

Reactions: vogtrj
Upvote 0
I know I've had it installed before but I don't think I have the android sdk and tools installed right now. Not seeing it under the uninstall programs list anyway. Should I have the sdk and tools installed?

Do I need both of the Windows ones here?
Android SDK | Android Developers
or just the 2nd one (shows that one as recommended).

Thanks for the help. Damn phone is driving me mad, way more difficult than the nook color, motorola droids (pl) and galaxy tab I've all worked on before.

Also so you don't just think I'm an idiot, I can't remember if I already have the tools installed because I spent the last month or so on the windows 8 preview and then just yesterday went back to my image from about a month and a half ago, hard to keep track of all the things I had installed a month ago.

Upvote 0
I'm also on 64-bit Windows 7 and, after using the installer linked earlier on this thread at 4share, The device isn't found.

I think we could use a much more thorough version of this step:

"Make sure all drivers are installed (Fastboot drivers are included)"

EDIT:

I got it to work.

What's important to know is that the driver installer you want is right there on the phone when you connect it to the computer, so there's no need to scour the web for one. A D: drive appears when you plug it in, but then disappears 20 seconds later. Make a copy of PTAPC_V1_1_6_0630.msi before it disappears, then install it.

After that, the next time I connected the phone to the computer, it detected a list of things that took a moment to process and retrieve Windows Updates for. Then, it was ready.

Hope that helps. Also, when these instructions say to pull the battery... put it back in, too.

Upvote 0
i was trying to delete bloatware apps (using titanium backup free) and when i clicked un-install, the phone would reboot and a screen with little green man and exclamation point would appear. However, l later discovered to delete using the "batch" option but are the apps backed-up somehow, or will the un-install using batch permanently delete the selected apps? also..
1.) is there a way to move apps on phone to sd card?
2.) did the allinone remove factory data reset, or is there a way to remove it (i read this will brick your phone so i want to remove the option)
3.) do i need to leave the .zip on sd card?
4.) does a phone ever "magically" become un-rooted or only manually?

Upvote 0
I have read all these posts several times thouroughly, and can't seem to have my problem solved. I installed all drivers, SDK, and everything and I am pretty sure its all working properly (I tested adb through the command prompt and know that one is working).

Still, every time I try to run the recovery AIO, I press 1, then enter, and it says it can't find the device. I have restarted, unplugged, everything I can think of with no luck. :vollkommenauf:

I would greatly appreciate some help. Thank you

I am windows 7 64-bit

Upvote 0
well i went through all of the steps and flashed the zip file and seemed like everything installed properly! I rebooted the phone but everything seems the same. I was expecting it to delete everything but I still have all my programs and settings from before. is this normal? How can I tell that i've successfully rooted my phone?

Whole reason why I wanted to root my phone was to just remove some of the bloatware that came with the phone.

same here

Upvote 0
same here
Read on my friend, rooting the phone does not instantaniously remove the bloatware. You will want to download a utility to help. My personal favorite is Titanium Backup.

Otherwise your other option is to install the BrokenOut 2.0 ROM for your phone. I would recommend doing that, install is simple and the ROM removes the bloatware.

Upvote 0
Read on my friend, rooting the phone does not instantaniously remove the bloatware. You will want to download a utility to help. My personal favorite is Titanium Backup.

Otherwise your other option is to install the BrokenOut 2.0 ROM for your phone. I would recommend doing that, install is simple and the ROM removes the bloatware.

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up figuring it out and using the Titanium app.

Upvote 0
well, thought i had all drivers installed. but upon further reading and studying all the forums and different posts.... maybe not. I'm using window 7 64 bit. and no popups occured when first hooking phone via usb. so I think not. Ive spent last month rereading all forums, posts, etc and learning bit more about computers, android. hopefully i can get this going now...... thank you all for info

Upvote 0
Can someone please help me with rooting this phone?

I receiving this error:
Installing recovery
Press any key to continue...
* daemon not started, starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
< waiting for device>

I've followed Step 1 in the OP to a 't' on 1 Win8 machine, and 2 Win7 machines (one x86, one x64), and I receive the same message on all 3 machines.

I've also tried Superoneclick because some people have reported success using that. It freezes on me after about 2 secs of hitting 'root.'

I've been trying this for about 3 hours now. I've yet to receive the Verizon driver described here: http://androidforums.com/breakout-a...ut-root-cwm-recovery-all-one.html#post3863615

Can someone please PM me a link to this driver or tell me how to resolve this issue?

Upvote 0
I had that same problem too and it took a while to fix it, still not sompletely sure what did it. To get the Verizon Driver when you plug in the phone an autorun dialog should pop up with two options. One is to open the folder to view files and the other is to run the bootloader or bootstrap (forgot the exact name) thing. I am not sure why you wouldnt be getting this autorun dialog.

Upvote 0
I am trying to unroot the phone to install the newest firmware, because it automatically tries to download and install it constantly, and consequently drains the battery on my phone constantly. I am running the un-rooter as described in the original post, and it seems to work, as all of my root required programs tell me that they no longer have root access, but when I go to install the OTA update, it always fails. Any ideas? Will I need to un-root, then run the system wipe to factory reset the phone?

Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0
Struggling to get this working.

I have installed CWM successfully as reported by RecoveryAIO.bat.

However, when I go into CWM (via Power + Search buttons), any option I choose such as "install ZIP from SD" or any other option except reboot just shows a black hat with a bunch of stars underneath. Nothing else happens after this. It never shows a list of files.

Even choosing "Wipe cache" or any other option just shows this black hat.

Please help!?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Sorry, I figured it out: I was pressing the Home key rather than the Camera button to select options in CWM. Using the Camera button worked. Stupid me! Thanks,

Upvote 0
i finally got it to work. i was stuuuuuck at the "waiting for device" when id run recoveryaio.bat. i think what i did was to turn off phone, then hold "back" and plug into computer. then phone went to "fastboot" screen. then i ran recoveryaio.bat and that was it. at least that's the way i remember it happening. maybe not though. i tried so many different things it's all kind of a blur. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones