• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RECOVERY]Stock Recovery

sonicbluemustang

Android Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2010
This is the stock Recovery for the (ZTE Force 4G LTE...ICS 4.0.4 SW Version N9100V1.0.0B09). For anybody that wants to return the phone to stock and unroot or just to play with. I'm sure nobody backed up there original recovery so here you go. Note this you play with at your own risk. The instructions are as follows, You must be rooted for you to make system changes. Extract from the zip file the file called "recovery" place it on your sdcard on phone and rename it recovery.img

adb shell

open a terminal
type : adb shell
hit enter
type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
hit enter
when prompt returns type: reboot recovery
hit enter

terminal emulator

open terminal
type: su
hit enter
allow root to terminal
type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
hit enter
when prompt returns type: reboot recovery
hit enter

stockrec.jpg
View attachment ZTEForce.zip

Yes and for those who need to unroot there is a option in settings of SuperSU that helps you unroot. :)

1st off,,,Thanks.
And I to was wondering about that unroot option in SuperSU setting.That if it would unroot the phone.
If someone has to return there phone should post how they got back to stock/method.

Sent from my N9100

Upvote 0
This is what I'm ending up with..

C:\Users\Debo\Downloads\boost force root stuff\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140321\a
dt-bundle-windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/b
y-name/recovery
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery: cannot open for write: Permissi
on denied
1|shell@android:/ $ reboot recovery
reboot recovery
reboot: Operation not permitted
1|shell@android:/ $

Upvote 0
This is what I'm ending up with..

C:\Users\Debo\Downloads\boost force root stuff\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140321\a
dt-bundle-windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/b
y-name/recovery
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery: cannot open for write: Permissi
on denied
1|shell@android:/ $ reboot recovery
reboot recovery
reboot: Operation not permitted
1|shell@android:/ $
Type "su" without quotes before the dd commands.
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/b
y-name/recovery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones