• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Recovery] TWRP 2.8.6.0

phenomx4

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2012
North Las Vegas , Nevada
First touch recovery experience ever...awesome! The touch response in recovery feels much better than it does during normal use of my phone. Nothing is too big or too small. I love the advance wipe options too. Works super fast for making a restore point, I haven't tried using a backup yet, or formatting, though I'm willing to bet its just as fast. Only 2 discrepancies I found, which are not in anyway a big deal towards operation, zip+thread says version 2.7, however the internal version states 2.6.3. (so not a big deal) The other, is the touch options for the back button and home button are a little redundant, as it does recognize the normal hardware for these. (I'm guessing these being there has or had something to do with testing.) Final note, absolutely love it, never going back. :D

Upvote 0
Would like to make note to anyone else who has never used TWRP as opposed to CWM...
Dont try to restore cwm backups! They are not cross compatible.
On the subject at hand, TWRP is amazing! I have it on all of my devices and glad to finally have it on my AWE. Great job phenom!

My favorite also...well since Amon Ra on my G1 lol.

Upvote 0
I just wanna give thanks to the developer phenomx4 . This recovery is working great for me . No more errors like with the other recoveries available for this device . Two thumbs up .

+1 one mounts and formats data, cache and system quickly and efficiently. Performance comparable to my Nexus. I couldn't be more pleased with this release. Well done Phenom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones