• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Recovery] Twrp v3 for Zte Zmax Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in as well.
I have a spare ZMAX pro that I keep around mainly for parts so if I could be used towards helping test this and someone would like to help walk me through understanding what needs to be done let me know if be more than happy to volunteer.
Thanks friends i already got a development device thanks to the members here which I'm doing tests on it.

Reactions: cyanidekid
Upvote 0
hey messi, i stumbled upon this while digging.
"to achieve something similar to what @firelord suggested: TWRP can be booted on many devices without being installed. For that, find a matching image, then boot to the bootloader and run fastboot boot twrp.img. Btw: you can check with fastboot devices resp. adb devices whether a device is visible to the corresponding tool. – Izzy♦ Jul 8 '16 at 19:40

Reactions: cyanidekid
Upvote 0
I tried it but because it is missing a Variant file for our phone. it is giving me an Error: please select a valid variant file before proceed to download page. And all other function is not working without it as well.

The phone is in DFU mode and driver is installed for Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) but when I tried to installed the ZTE Handset Diagnostic interface(DFU). It gave me an error saying Driver is not intended for this platform. I tried other ways to installed it. But it just won't install.

The Handset Diagnostic driver I have installed is from ZTE. It just not the one that was in that post.
Try Quaalcom driver. Also seems you have to add things/setup. It's confusing. I wish my POS laptop would install Microsoft framework 4.0 smh

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just got this device my self and would like to participate in getting root and a recovery. I build kernels so if we can get TWRP I'm gonna start building for this device lol. Also if edl mode is like adb the has anyone tried "adb reboot fastboot? And in regards to the stock boot.img for recovery u could always "adb pull recovery recovery boot.img" and yes I put recovery twice. There are options so I will be assisting in development for the ZTE ZMAX pro

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones