[RECOVERY] UnOfficial CWM v6.0.4.4

1. 1mouse3

1mouse3 Well-Known Member

I have made a Fully Working CWM with the help of Junkie2100 to debug it, both ADB Sideloder and backup/restore works let me what all bugs its got. Use ADB and Fastboot to install, here are the commands to use.

(From linux Pc have img in the folder you CD to)
    $adb reboot bootloader
    $fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

(From Phone and have img on root of sd card)

[A}adb shell

open a terminal:
    type : adb shell
    hit enter
    type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    hit enter
    when prompt returns type: reboot recovery
    hit enter

terminal emulator:

open terminal
    type: su
    hit enter
    allow root to terminal
    type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    hit enter
    when prompt returns type: reboot recovery
    hit enter

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzjqv2dm64sme37/recovery.img

Advertisement
    :
  2. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Well-Known Member

Is this a Touch version or standard key operation version? Post a pic.
  3. 1mouse3

1mouse3 Well-Known Member

its a standard key cwm for now will change it latter
  4. redjama

redjama Guides Guide

So far all is well. Ran a backup, factory reset and restored backup with no issues
  5. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

Yea for now its just the standard non touch. We will work on touch later but at least its fully functional. The current version of touch had some major bugs and this one as far as i know only has one. On booting it you get some weird splash screen thing. That has absolutely nothing to do with functionality though
    kire13162 likes this.
  6. junkie2100

We will get an official standard and touch version going in the near future but a version of cwm that works is a pretty good step in the right direction
  7. MidshipAc

MidshipAc Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the original cwm. It works fine on my phone.
  8. junkie2100

From what i was led to believe it doesnt have adb. And it was erroring apon trying to factory reset for starters. Also it threw an md5 error when trying to restore a backup so it seems to have bugs
    MidshipAc likes this.
  9. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

Junkie - U da Mann!! :beer::D
    junkie2100 likes this.
  10. junkie2100

Dont forget my buddy 1mouse3. He did the work im just kinda guiding and supervising the project. My computer isnt even hooked up so im on my sequent helping him get things working. He also managed to get cm10.1 to boot but we got a ways to go before its release ready. Plenty of bugs lol
  11. GoatTheHero

GoatTheHero Well-Known Member

I got a message saying you have no root access would you like to root device after trying to flash Jimsmith's init.d boot.img. i just ignored it. Had to restore a backup cuz the flash didn't work and i still have root so i dont know if it was from the zip that i flashed or what. Also there is a warning at the bottom of the screen, something about texts. Anyway everything works. Sorry for this terribly written post lol.
  12. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member

I too get a warning that says no file contexts
  13. redjama

redjama Guides Guide

Yup, I have the same message. But sure what it's about, doesn't seem to have an affect.
  14. junkie2100

Yea im not really sure about that message either. But it should be harmless. Every zip we have tried worked fine
  15. bcrichster

16. junkie2100

Seen it. Too limited, tried it for the sequent it wouldnt work
  17. junkie2100

Plus this works fine other than the weird error message that has no effect and the Boot up image glitch which also has no effect on functionality. And when we have a good repo im gonna see if i cant get it looked over and made official with a touch variant
    bcrichster likes this.
  18. bcrichster

Just trying to help. At least you know how to build it. Lemme guess, it doesn't work cuz of the partition roller thing ZTE does?
  19. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Well-Known Member

lol, its been stuck on some other build for 7 hrs.
  20. junkie2100

Yea i appreciate it still but it doesnt work right. Its not thw partition thing though, its mainly how limited it is. Ita great for certain phones but it doesnt even allow the option for using the power button to select that was the main issue, you couldnt do anything but scroll up and down all day lol
  21. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member

when are we gonna see the fix permissions feature?
  22. junkie2100

fix permissions? what is it not showing up or something or it is broken?
    kuz it may just do it automatically
  23. GoatTheHero

GoatTheHero Well-Known Member

It doesn't show up in the menu
  24. junkie2100

they probably took it out, if it needs to fix permissions there should be a popup when you hit reboot
  25. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

Works great. Good instruction too.