Recovery/Wipe/Reset - now FC galore!

Last Updated:

1. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I went into recovery, did a wipe cache and data reset. Now when it boots into the Setup Wizard.. everything FC's.

Any ideas why? I cant get the phone going again because of this <sigh>.

I did do the root/lag fix last night, then the rest just an hour ago.

No clue what's up...

Advertisement
  2. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Well-Known Member

apparently the consensus is that the lag fix is not only unnecessary, it also causes problems. Personally I think they should be responsible and put an obvious sticky telling everyone to avoid doing it until things get sorted out.

3. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got it fixed.

I think the root issue was the Lag Fix. When I cleared the cache and reset, it probably deleted the 1gb cache folder. When the phone rebooted, it must have been still trying to find that folder.

I ran Odin system restore, then another reset and I'm good.

Latest, I had to do a reset via Settings-->Privacy in Android to get a fully stock reset. After doing the Recovery Resets, it didn't reset the OS setup fully (i had broken widgets, invalid shortcuts, etc)... weird.

4. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Interesting. I have Lag Fix and i wiped/reset my phone earlier today to set up my new primary gMail account. I had no issues whatsoever. Nor have i heard of this issue. Very odd that it happened.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I just did a factory reset and am getting alot of fc's also I dont know what is causing it