• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery Zte Avid n9120

iandroidmex

Dec 28, 2014
Hello, I'm new in this page (as a member), Sorry if i say something wrong, English is not my first language.
I just wanted to ask for a Recovery for this phone, I've seen a post that have 4 roms and CWM for this phone the rom's links are working but i need the recovery ,the link is dead, I'm not sure if somebody asked this before in these days I've seen people asking but their post are from 2013, Can you guys help me please ? or there is no way anymore to install a rom on this phone?
Thank you.

Perhaps this will help?
http://androidforums.com/threads/all-the-basics-very-user-friendly.729313/#post-5894904

It appears it's for the ZTE Avid 4g which I believe is your device correct?
Ok the phone is rooted, and i think i saw that post already but i have no idea how to install it, can you help me?
i put the files on the Sd and opened the Terminal but when i type:
dd if=/sdcard/"whatever-you-named-the-image-without-the-quotes".img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
I renamed the file as "recovery" and "recovery.img" and
nothing happens, maybe i should make spaces or i have to type everything together in a line?
sorry i don't know how i should do it, i tried ENTER in every space i see like:
dd if=/sdcard/ ENTER
"whatever-you-named-the-image-without-the-quotes".img ENTER
of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery ENTER
But nothing happens, i'm not expert on these things so i'm not sure.
& thank you for helping me.

Upvote 0
I'll try;) I'm not too keen with ADB, but I do know this. Spacing is important:)

First of all, do you have usb debugging enabled?
What OS are you using? Windows? If so, what version? (may or may not be relevant at this moment)
Secondly, does adb recognize your device?
Exit out of it, then open up the command prompt again.
type:
adb devices (then hit enter)

Edit: by the way, I've moved this into your device's root subforum.
Hopefully others can chime in:)
And are you using ADB or the Terminal Emulator instructions?

Upvote 0
I'll try;) I'm not too keen with ADB, but I do know this. Spacing is important:)

First of all, do you have usb debugging enabled?
What OS are you using? Windows? If so, what version? (may or may not be relevant at this moment)
Secondly, does adb recognize your device?
Exit out of it, then open up the command prompt again.
type:
adb devices (then hit enter)

Edit: by the way, I've moved this into your device's root subforum.
Hopefully others can chime in:)
And are you using ADB or the Terminal Emulator instructions?
ADB and when I type the command it says:
adb shell is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Yes usb debugging is enabled, I'm using windows 7 Ultimate.
maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
ADB and when I type the command it says:
adb shell is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Yes usb debugging is enabled, I'm using windows 7 Ultimate.
maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Hmmm, you sure you are rooted?
Are you opening up a command window at the correct location? (the correct path)?

Upvote 0
Hmmm, you sure you are rooted?
Are you opening up a command window at the correct location? (the correct path)?
No. I'm not doing that, i didn't know.
so whats the path i should use?

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    89 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
ADB is part of the SDK bundle that is installed on your computer.
When you installed the SDK, do you remember the file path you installed it to?
You said you were using the ADB method. (with a computer)

I see you have Terminal Emulator on your device.

Are you perhaps using Terminal Emulator? (no need for a computer) or the ADB method? (using a computer)

Upvote 0
ADB is part of the SDK bundle that is installed on your computer.
When you installed the SDK, do you remember the file path you installed it to?
You said you were using the ADB method. (with a computer)

I see you have Terminal Emulator on your device.

Are you perhaps using Terminal Emulator? (no need for a computer) or the ADB method? (using a computer)
I was trying to do this using the terminal emulator but nothing happens, thats why I'm trying now this way, but i didn't know about the Sdk, I'm installing it right now and then i tell you what happen.

Upvote 0
Well, terminal emulator is simpler and should work.
Perhaps the commands you typed in were incorrect and that is why it did not work.

Try typing this in after you type the "su" in terminal emulator (no need to type "adb shell" in terminal emulator app)
(After typing "su" in terminal emulator, the $ sign should turn into a # sign.)
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
then hit enter.
when prompt returns
type reboot recovery
hit enter
Phone will reboot into recovery mode

Upvote 0
Ok i finally did it, i have the recovery installed, i couldn't do the computer way so i follow the directions on this video (not sure if we can post external links , if so, delete it)
, so i installed android sdk and i did what you said but the cmd won't work so in the video the guy gives a folder and you can open the Cmd from there if you watch the video you'll kwow what I'm talking about, and then i did everything but when i type the command:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery, it says acces is denied, so i think it was the right command the one you gave me just excactly how you wrote it,so as it was the correct one i used the terminal on the phone and copied the command that you gave me and ta tan! maybe i was writing wrong the command, Thank you soooooooooooo much. you really helped me, you have no idea how i feel now!! xD

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones