recovery

1. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

We got to get this sub forum active. I wanted to see if anyone has heard about development for more recoveries such as ra or smelkus?

Btw, what's the consensus around here for the current available recoveries? I'm running twrp which is good, but I'm still nervous because of the issues on the og.

Edit: After using twrp, I really like it. It is smooth, no bugs, and really user friendly. I was so used to ra but I'm liking this more (no disrespect to among ra of course).

Advertisement
  2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of any other developing going on in the area of recoveries. I love TWRP on my Gnex and the issues that were present on the OG are non-existent on TWRP. It's solid on the Gnex.
    AARONONE likes this.
  3. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

I'll be using TWRP for sure when I get my GNEX. I use it on the Kindle Fire and it's great. No issues whatsoever.
    frenchy714 and AARONONE like this.
  4. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Anyone know if the is the option to restart to recovery without doing the volume up/down and power method?
  5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Depends on the ROM you are on. Also about the OP, Amon has said that he is not developing recoveries anymore, I have never heard of that other recovery :rolleyes:
    frenchy714 and AARONONE like this.
  6. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Smelkus was basically built in amon ra and added some other features that were pretty useful. Added stuff like a built in option to do super wipe and format all within the wipe menu instead of having to flash separate zip files.
    AARONONE likes this.
  7. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Quick Boot. You can boot to reboot, boot to recovery, and bootloader.
    AARONONE likes this.