1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Rec's for travel headphones/earbuds?Tips

1. n7newbie

n7newbie New Member

I'd like to find something that is easy tucked into a pouch, maybe something foldable, not the really large ones. Typical earbuds (like the original Apple ones) don't stay in my ears very well; an over-the-ear pair that I bought several years ago for my little iPod fit well but don't work with the Nexus 7 (I thought they might, not sure why they don't; plugged it in, no sound at all).

Advertisement
    :
  2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

Sennheiser PX200-II (closed back) if you need some isolation, or the PX100-II model (open back) if you don't. Both fold easily for carrying in the supplied pouch, and audio quality is superb if a little bass heavy.

I bought the PX100-II to replace the Koss PortaPro I used previously; the Koss sound is good but is a pain to close up for carrying. Bargains can be had on the Koss though and the sound from either is superb.
  3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Sennheiser CX300 for me. They come with different bud sizes so should suit most ear canals.

Great for the price.
  4. John Bean

The CX300's are indeed very good (I sometimes use them for ultimate portability) but they sound very "boxy" compared with open headphones. That said they're the only earbuds I've ever used that I actually like both in terms of sound quality and comfort plus they give really good isolation in noisy public places.
  5. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I would also say that (as some reviews say) - you really need to get the fit right with the CX300s in order to achieve the correct amount of base.

Maybe this is your problem John Bean? Try the larger buds. Pushing them in a little while listening is a sure fire way to hear the difference in my experience.
  6. John Bean

No, I have no problem with the fit and bass response, which like many Sennheiser products is if anything a little too prominent. The sound quality of the CX300 is very good - for buds - but lacks openness. It's like listening with your head in a cardboard box. It's hard to put into words :)
  7. Kamal Hans

Kamal Hans Active Member

For travel purposes, you could also consider Creative EP 630 in ear phones.
    Cheap- so not many tears if you lose them, low impedance-so good spl's & details,excellent noise isolation- 18 to 20 dB,a bit bass heavy out-of-the-box, but they settle down after 50 to 60 hrs burn in.
    And ultra portable- take very little space.
  8. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

I have two Sennheisers. One is with wings which are fine for sound but don't stay in for me if I'm running, and the behind-the-head style which I use for running. They both work fine for sound on the Nexus 7. Sennheiser has an over-the-ear model too. My devices are iOS-specific - the stalk controls work with iOS devices for volume and song forward, pause and back. I don't know if there are versions that allow you to contol the Nexus 7 using stalk controls.