• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rec's for travel headphones/earbuds?

n7newbie

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
I'd like to find something that is easy tucked into a pouch, maybe something foldable, not the really large ones. Typical earbuds (like the original Apple ones) don't stay in my ears very well; an over-the-ear pair that I bought several years ago for my little iPod fit well but don't work with the Nexus 7 (I thought they might, not sure why they don't; plugged it in, no sound at all).

Sennheiser PX200-II (closed back) if you need some isolation, or the PX100-II model (open back) if you don't. Both fold easily for carrying in the supplied pouch, and audio quality is superb if a little bass heavy.

I bought the PX100-II to replace the Koss PortaPro I used previously; the Koss sound is good but is a pain to close up for carrying. Bargains can be had on the Koss though and the sound from either is superb.

Upvote 0
I'd like to find something that is easy tucked into a pouch, maybe something foldable, not the really large ones. Typical earbuds (like the original Apple ones) don't stay in my ears very well; an over-the-ear pair that I bought several years ago for my little iPod fit well but don't work with the Nexus 7 (I thought they might, not sure why they don't; plugged it in, no sound at all).
For travel purposes, you could also consider Creative EP 630 in ear phones.
Cheap- so not many tears if you lose them, low impedance-so good spl's & details,excellent noise isolation- 18 to 20 dB,a bit bass heavy out-of-the-box, but they settle down after 50 to 60 hrs burn in.
And ultra portable- take very little space.

Upvote 0
I have two Sennheisers. One is with wings which are fine for sound but don't stay in for me if I'm running, and the behind-the-head style which I use for running. They both work fine for sound on the Nexus 7. Sennheiser has an over-the-ear model too. My devices are iOS-specific - the stalk controls work with iOS devices for volume and song forward, pause and back. I don't know if there are versions that allow you to contol the Nexus 7 using stalk controls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones