Rectangle above battery door is getting hot...

Last Updated:

1. Blackjoker4215

Blackjoker4215 Member This Topic's Starter

Will messing around with my Droid, which I love!, I have noticed that the rectangle piece above the batter door gets very warm, and sometimes hot. Is this normal or is something wrong here? I have disabled wifi, bt, gps, the sync feature?, and dimmed the screen to low and nothing seems to fix it. It happens all the time, no matter what I am doing. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

my phone gets kind of hot to i have all that power consuming stuff off screen dimmed and yet at times it still gets pretty warm

3. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Unless it's to hot to hold it's perfectly fine. It's to be expected there cramming so much into a tiny case it's bound to get a little warm. I would only really worry if the actual battery starts to get hot.

4. c5d

c5d Member

I would only get concerned if the phone starts rebooting on it's own. Then it's a sign of a bad phone, and you should run to the store and replace it with a (hopefully) working droid.

In talking to the VZW reps, they said that the phone gets a little warm, and that's acutally "normal"...whatever that means. Again, I would only get concerned if the phone starts rebooting or freezing up.

I have noticed that this phone does get a little warmer than the average smartphone (I've had four over the last 4-5 years), but with all of the silicon goodness under the hood, I guess it's expected.

5. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

That's the CPU getting warm. It's not unusual for it to get warm when running an app that is a little more intensive like games.

6. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

I think it's "normal" for any smart phone getting used to have a warm spot someplace. They need to dump the heat from the chipset someplace.

7. Blackjoker4215

Blackjoker4215 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you all for your feedback. You have settled my anxiety and made me love you all!

8. OldNose

OldNose Member

Mine gets warm too,but its technically just a tiny computer case with no fans, so its normal, to an extent