Recurring events not syncing right from exchange to HTC OneSupport

Last Updated:

1. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member

I have a recurring event that I created on my work computer for every 2 years with a reminder set for 4 weeks. Outlook has no problem creating this event. When I go to my HTC One calendar (Stock) I notice that this event recurs every year with a notification for 15 minutes. Has anyone else noticed this issue? If so, how can I fix it? I've tried deleting the event and recreating it, but got the same outcome. I did notice that on the HTC One calendar, it's not even possible for me to create a recurring event every 2 years. The maximum is annually - I wonder if that's what's causing the issues.

Advertisement
  2. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

For that and may other reasons I don't have on the top of my head right now, I've been using Google Calendar instead.
  3. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member

I wish this was an option for me, but Google Calendar won't sync with my work calendar.

Relatively speaking, this is a minor annoyance because I don't have many recurring events on 2 year cycles. I did wake up this morning having a small panic attack thinking my event was due this month when really it's due next year. Outlook had it right, phone scared the bejesus out of me.
  4. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

I know what your saying bud, in a way that's why I'm glad I keep my work calendar in a Blackberry; these phones are a lot more powerful that the BlackBerry but they are so consumer friendly that they forget key features that business people need.

I myself have events like yours and it's hard to keep track of them if you don't have something you can depend on to remind you.
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Sounds like it could be a bug potentially. many people use google calendar so you may not see many responses to this.

send htc a ticket on it. they may offer you a solution and/or suggestions/workarounds.

i have two recurring events in the stock calendar--daylight saving time for both times of the year. these two alerts have been synced across many phones for years using stock calendar and corporate exchange...