• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Red Battery charging indicator remains lit

altkon

Jan 18, 2011
Hi all..
I am using a Superpad Flytouch2 Tablet PC and lately when I plugin the
ACDC Adapter and It starts charging when it reaches 100 pct and it shows fully charged on the System Settings Status the Indicator remains
lit and sometimes it never shuts off.
Should I keep it charging or onplug it??
Is there a danger of overcharging and crashing !!!
Because recently I faced a dead device which would not turn on when I kept pressing my power switch, only when I pluged in again the AC Adapter then I managed to turn it on and the battery charge had dropped
to 22%.
When I tried to perform some tasks it was unstable and asked me to force quit and eraced severeal shortcuts from memory.
Now back to normal again but the Battery charging indicator still remains lit!!
Any constructive recommendations please??:eek:
Thank

It starts charging when it reaches 100 pct and it shows fully charged on the System Settings Status the Indicator remains
lit and sometimes it never shuts off.
Same here and always on.

Because recently I faced a dead device which would not turn on when I kept pressing my power switch, only when I pluged in again the AC Adapter then I managed to turn it on and the battery charge had dropped
to 22%.
I had the charging LED always on since day one. When I saw 100% battery level I disconnected the power. Then the level dropped to ~60%. I could even see the number running down like a countdown.
Now even worse, it drops to 40% after freshly re-charged.

Anyone has similar issue?
Is it a bad battery or it's the system believing that the battery is full and stop charging?
Has anybody tried to replace the battery?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Same here and always on.

I had the charging LED always on since day one. When I saw 100% battery level I disconnected the power. Then the level dropped to ~60%. I could even see the number running down like a countdown.
Now even worse, it drops to 40% after freshly re-charged.

Anyone has similar issue?
Is it a bad battery or it's the system believing that the battery is full and stop charging?
Has anybody tried to replace the battery?

Thanks

Most likely, you have a dud battery....
Most of the charging controls are paired with the battery.
My FT2 will run until about 10% before shutting down.
My default battery alarm is set at 15% after which I can still eke out about 30 mins more.

I have a 7" FT1 that drops from 100% to 50% within minutes. After that the decline is slower...

Looks like China tablet's batteries are a hit and miss affair.

Look up "Android battery calibration" in XDA developers. There was one calibration procedure that seemed to help even though it does not exactly targeted the FT2.

I could not remember the process exactly but involves something like:
1. Charge to 100% (or max available).
2. Unplug charger
3. Turn off tablet.
4. Plug in charger - wait until charge light goes off.
5. Unplug charger.
6. Turn on tablet.
7. Plug in charger and wait until charge status reach 100%.

I followed the process and it :
1. allowed me to reach 100% charge (vs 97% max before)
2. Appears to last longer 4+hrs vs 3hrs run time

Try it....

Upvote 0
I have a 7" FT1 that drops from 100% to 50% within minutes. After that the decline is slower...
I could even watch the "countdown" until it stops at ~50% (used to be 60%)

Look up "Android battery calibration" in XDA developers. There was one calibration procedure that seemed to help even though it does not exactly targeted the FT2.

I could not remember the process exactly but involves something like:
1. Charge to 100% (or max available).
2. Unplug charger
3. Turn off tablet.
4. Plug in charger - wait until charge light goes off.
5. Unplug charger.
6. Turn on tablet.
7. Plug in charger and wait until charge status reach 100%.

I followed the process and it :
1. allowed me to reach 100% charge (vs 97% max before)
2. Appears to last longer 4+hrs vs 3hrs run time

Try it....
I'll play around with that, thanks.

But my LED never goes off. I didn't have a problem to reach 100%. It just goes down quickly. Mine is 10", I did a test when it could top up to 60%. I ran the photo frame for ~2h until the alarm went off. I guess this is now history :-(

Upvote 0
Have you checked what applications are running? You can stop a lot of applications from running if you are not using them.
I was advised to get a Widget to turn the phone to Airplane mode. You do not have a phone and the unit keeps searching for a phone and uses the battery up. After I did these things my battery lasts a lot long. Also, you must turn your unit completely off to get a full charge.

Upvote 0
Have you checked what applications are running? You can stop a lot of applications from running if you are not using them.
I was advised to get a Widget to turn the phone to Airplane mode. You do not have a phone and the unit keeps searching for a phone and uses the battery up. After I did these things my battery lasts a lot long. Also, you must turn your unit completely off to get a full charge.
Ok, I'll try to shut down few apps next time. The problem is I have do that quickly otherwise the battery runs dry even before I start working :)

Airplane mode means no WiFi as well?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones