Red & Black Replacement Battery Covers!

1. cortland1998

cortland1998 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    x0x, GrandMasterB, UHF3 and 2 others like this.
  2. TaylorPelletier

TaylorPelletier Active Member

solid find, thanks for posting it up! let us know when you get it so we can immediately request pics
  3. qwho

qwho Well-Known Member

They should make a black one out of that shiny plastic that would bee pretty cool.
  4. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

SICK DUDE! the red cover is the original one shown in all the pre-released leaked photos. ordered!
  5. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

Solid find, but it is says that it come with a black camera ring???
    How does that work, are our rings and glass that easy to remove??
  6. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

The pictures look suspiciously sloppy and, as jj3699 notes, the covers come with silver or black camera rings.....what? Are those rings attached to the covers? Anyway, I'll stay tuned to see what comes of this. Thanks OP for the find.
  7. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

that red one has the speaker cut out in a different spot
  8. cortland1998

I ordered one as well so I'll keep you guys posted. In talking with the company.. they are not attached to the case. I know this because I have taken mine apart and they are all separate pieces. He also confirmed this with me. The whole reason I'm ordering is to replace my broken glass that covers the camera lens.
  9. htcbwb

htcbwb Well-Known Member

Any word on the ring? Did it come with the glass lens cover also? Thanks!
  10. cortland1998

I actually forgot to place my order last week... I did end up placing it a couple days ago so I will let you know once I get it.
  11. JorusAton

JorusAton Member

This looks really cool... I bought a M2 mount by Soundgate for my car... and it requires you to put an adhesive mounting on the back of the device to be mounted.

It's a great mount system, but I wasn't too keen on putting the mount on the actual phone, OR buying a case.

With a replacement back, this might do the trick! There aren't any other replacement backs are there...?
  12. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

A good resource to have, just hope i won't need it....
  13. blue rocket

I got mine... It's the legit real deal. Even came with some of the internals and red rocker switches. I'm probably going to order a bunch of these, they've got to be leftovers from the preproduction models.
    cortland1998 and eyc like this.
  14. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

Is the red/orange cover hard, glossy, plastic? Could you please take a couple pictures? I would really like to see what this looks like. Also, the website says that it comes with a "camera ring." What exactly is that? Is it a full camera lens?

Much appreciated.
  15. blue rocket

I'm away for the 4th of July weekend but will post pics when I'm home!
  16. JorusAton

JorusAton Member

Please do - I'd like to see these / compare how nice these are next to the ones that are included.
  17. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

18. cortland1998

deleted.
  19. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

A quick question for those that have order one and received it already. How long did shipping take? I ordered one on the 9th and I'm dying to get it!!!!
  20. cortland1998

<P>
    </P>

I got mine in 8 days.. factor in the 4th of July holiday weekend... Probably a week at most.</P>
  21. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried swapping out the volume rocker, power button & usb port?
  22. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. I figure mine should be here on the 20th.

23. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

WTF?
    Playing music on load is just WRONG
  24. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Mine shipped on the 8th and came in today. Unfortunately I wasn't here to sign for it (requires sig at delivery) so picking it up tomorrow at the post office. Interested to see how it looks in-the-flesh.

Not going to mess with replacing the black rockers with the red ones. From what I can tell, that would require removing the 4 screws at the corners of the phone and some disasembly (could be wrong though) and I'm not ready to void my warranty just yet. Plus I think I'll like the red/black contrast.
  25. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

Bump

Also, I just received my red cover & I have to say I love it.
    As I had read from the original test phone comments, the RED color is awesome and not orange at all!

Oh yeah, one more thing, within minutes of getting my red back on the phone, the "h" on the back came off, so apparently the chrome "htc" is as poorly applied as the one that came with the phone.