Red blue green boot screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. Armadillo7

Armadillo7 Member

I have a Huawei u8652 (AT&T Fusion, same as a Sonic I think) with Android 2.3.4.
    When I turn it on, instead of the AT&T boot screen I get a red, green, blue screen. After a few seconds it goes to the usual second AT&T screen and then to the phones home screen. The phone seems to work. Only been using it for a week when it started doing this on Sunday.
    I removed the battery for a few minutes, but did not make any difference. Tried a different SD card, didnt make any difference.
    Is this the "screen of death"? Any way I can fix this? Or should I just ignore it since the phone still works?
    Here is what it looks like-

2. Lebo

Lebo Well-Known Member

Hurray! A fellow AT&T Fusion owner!

The image that this red/blue bit is replacing is part of the rom and can be replaced/restored with a bit of effort. If it randomly changed without you doing anything (root, modify rom, etc.) then it is a bit worrying. However if the phone finishes booting and runs fine afterwards and you did do something (see above) then it's likely fine.
    Armadillo7 likes this.
  3. wilsop

wilsop New Member

just started to happen on my unlocked sonic. doesn't appear to affect it any other than maybe slowing booting down a smidge. this phone has been for a swim a few months ago though, was dried out in the sun for a few days and still works well.
  4. rmf304

rmf304 Member

My Fusion just did the same. I installed a couple games fromt he play store and it happened. Deity Wars and Star Traders. So not sure of the cause but the phone is functining just fine otherwise. I haven't tried rooting it or anything but I may now so I can replace the ROM with something else.