Red Exclamation point......Support

Last Updated:

1. jdprep25

jdprep25 Member

It comes up when sending text messages. Not in the messaging widget, but when you actually go into your text messages, and i think its some, not all. After the message is sent, on the right side of the screen/message, there is this red exclamation point.

Anyone know what this is or means????:D

Advertisement
  2. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

it means it wasn't sent
  3. jdprep25

jdprep25 Member

hmmm.....dont think its that. Because im getting responses to my sent messages. I even sent a text message to myself, and i got it. But i still see the exclamation.....

any other thoughts ideas??? :confused:
  4. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

i believe it is a high priority message. i can do it on my envtouch
    ANDRO1D2 and babinptc like this.
  5. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

long press the text and see what it says...if anything
  6. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Yup, It means it wasn't sent. Probably just a false notification. Are you using the default messaging app?

EDIT: Cool, glad u figured it out.
  7. jdprep25

jdprep25 Member

mikey got it right! thanks!

I went into settings and unchecked high priority, and now no more exclamation.

thanks!!
    :)
  8. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Aww, I wanted to comment on this haha, yeah it means high priority, I put mine on yesterday n my friends were telling me something was wrong with my text bc it had an exclamation point...haha, they know nothing about nothing.
  9. i3rentX

i3rentX New Member

I only get it while reciving a txt from one specific person. Where do I go to remove priority in the settings? HTC EVO
  10. phutt89

phutt89 New Member

A little late, but for anyone still searching on posts like this, like im doing right now, the little red triangle with the exclamation point in it (!Triangle) isnt the priority level, at least on my evo 4g it isnt, it means that there are undeliverd messages,

Go into Messages >> Press Menu >> And if you have the Red Triangle, There should be an Icon (an Envelope with a !Triangle) thats labeled "Undelivered Messages" Open it >> Long Press the Message >> You can either try resending the Message or you can Simply Delete It.

The !Triange should dissapear
  11. Elly J

Elly J New Member

The red triangle with the exclamation mark is showing up because somewhere in the string of texts you've been sending to this person, you did not complete sending one. Go back through the string until you find the exclamation mark, finish and send the text or if it's irrelevant by now, erase it. The triangle will go away. :)
  12. Courtney Austin

Courtney Austin New Member

It means in your message setting your message priority is set at high, i just figured this out -_-