Red flashing border around screenGeneral

1. Jon Davis

Jon Davis Well-Known Member

Okay folks.... When I call my wife a red flashing border appears around her photo for 5 seconds or so.
    Is this droids way of saying 'danger Will Robinson!' ?

Advertisement
  2. dreamrider

dreamrider Member

It might be, it doesn't do that on my phone when I call my wife
  3. Jon Davis

Don't worry about it until your 35th anniversary. Then be afraid, be very afraid....
  4. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member

VIP caller mode?
    Jon Davis likes this.
  5. collusionbdbh

collusionbdbh New Member

I am surprised that no one has said this yet but it sounds to me like it is one of the development options on your phone. Go to settings -> developer options -> uncheck strict mode = no more red border.

This is an option that shows a red border around the screen when the UI runs a long operation on the main thread and is only useful when developing/testing apps to make sure that the app isn't hogging the main thread making the app more unresponsive than it should be....too much information?
    MeatLoafT, Frisco, marydubois and 3 others like this.
  6. Jon Davis

Tried it, good idea but it doesn't help. Thanks anyway.
    Jon
  7. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Is your wife an ICE contact?
    Never mind. I don't even see that option in ics anymore
    Jon Davis likes this.
  8. Niteperson

Niteperson Active Member

Actually, that option still exists. Go into the People app and you'll see ICE the top of the screen.
  9. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Yeah stupid me, I'm running a rom and it's not available on mine. It must be a blur feature cause my aosp rom doesn't have it. But op is your wife an ICE contact? I wonder if that would cause it.
  10. Jon Davis

What is an ICE contact? I know it will be obvious once you clue me in. I
    NEVER MIND..... GOOGLED IT, NO SHE IS NOT.
  11. csk210

csk210 New Member

I am also seeing a red boarder flashing on and off on my DROID Maxx. Called Verizon CS level II tech support and they had not heard of this issue. I did uncheck the strict mode sans success. I went to a Verizon full service store and they were also clueless. It does not happen on every call.
  12. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member

I had this issue. I clicked on the "People" icon and went to "Contacts to Display". Toggled through each of the selections there and then finally selected the Google one which in my case was "Contacts in xxxx@gmail.com". Not sure why or how but after this the read boarder flashing stopped and has not returned.
  13. marydubois

marydubois New Member

Awesome, worked perfect. I did what you said and it was still there, but I restarted my phone and it was gone!
  14. patc0312

patc0312 New Member

I had to reboot after unchecking strict box and it is now fine.
  15. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

Many issues will only be fully implemented after a reboot. Something to remember when trying to fix stuff in the future. Gotta clear out the RAM
  16. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Yes I was wondering that, just got a gt 2 and mine started to do that, remember playing with those options on my phone but since I rooted my tab recently I thought I may have messed something up. Thx