• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Red/flickering screen

fiktishes

Lurker
Oct 24, 2014
My son's galaxy tab 3 would not charge. After replacing the flex cable the screen now boots red with horizontal flickering lines. It is very bad during boot but then gets a somewhat better after. I had the problem a few mon the ago but don't remember how I fixed it. Any help would be appreciated. Hope I posted this in the right section. Thanks

My son's galaxy tab 3 would not charge. After replacing the flex cable the screen now boots red with horizontal flickering lines. It is very bad during boot but then gets a somewhat better after. I had the problem a few mon the ago but don't remember how I fixed it. Any help would be appreciated. Hope I posted this in the right section. Thanks
Try to reconnect the LCD cable, the one on the right side . One easy way to verify the LCD is connected your Tab to HDMI port of your TV, if everything is fine on the TV, your LCD is bad . If it's the same, then your mainboard needed to replace.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones