• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Red "L" preventing test messages from going through.

gilamonster

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
I am probably overlooking something simple but I simply can't figure it out. From what appears to be out of the blue yesterday, my text messages are no longer being sent because of some little red "L" to the right of the message. This is happening to all contacts. I think this "L" usually appears and disappears in like a 3-5 second time frame but now it is staying and my messages are going nowhere. All help appreciated.

I think it might be a "wait" symbol (like a clock) while the message goes through? I see it too on texts I am sending, but the messages ARE going through. I wish I could figure out how to turn off the 2 short vibrates for text messages. I don't have vibrate on for the phone settings (or notification settings), the ringer volume is UP, and the haptic is off!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones