Red light whilst on text messagesSupport

1. alexhickman89

alexhickman89 New Member

Hi

Whilst using my phone in the dark i have noticed whilst sending a text a red glow from the first hole next to the front camera, it looks like infared but what for? Is it to help the smart sleep function try to locate your eyes? But i have this feature turned off yet the red light is still there!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. psybab

psybab Well-Known Member

It's the LED notification light. It probably means you haven't cleared some notifications out. So far, I have noticed on mine:
    Blue blinking - Email or Text
    Red blinking - Facebook post
    Purple steady - Facebook message
    Red steady - charging
    Green steady - charged

Any others? OKCupid also lights up, but I can't remember the color.
  3. alexhickman89

alexhickman89 New Member

Thanks for the detailed reply !

However its not the notification light to the left, its from one of the two tiny holes next to the bigger camera hole you can hardly see the redglow in day light have a look in a dark room its the first circle. It only comes on while in your messages
  4. psybab

psybab Well-Known Member

Those are the proximity and light sensors. It's likely what you are seeing is just a reflection from the light sensor (like if you look into a cat's eyes at night, or red eyes in a photograph). It doesn't create light of its own, just reflects it.
  5. Nougatplovene

Nougatplovene New Member

It is definitely there. I found this forum due to noticing the really dim red light as well.
    For sure it is not a reflection.
  6. drock212

drock212 New Member

I noticed this as well, the red light comes on as soon as I go to compose a text and turns off as soon as I back out of the text... very odd wonder what the purpose of it is.

Edit: Did more searching found out its for the direct call feature so when you're in the text and move the phone to your ear it calls the person you're texting. If you turn this feature off the light will not turn on anymore.
    funkylogik and jezzalenko like this.
  7. nima galaxy s

nima galaxy s New Member

my galaxy s 3 is also like this you can go to task manager and then active apps and kill the messaging ! also if u got viber u must force stop it ! !
    this is just for update
    with another mobile camera take picture from this red light it will turn into purple! its very dangerous
  8. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

My new text light is green and missed call light is blue.
  9. AmanAhad

AmanAhad New Member

its a proximy sensor light ok understand when you turn off direct call option then this light will not shown. ok thanks............

A-@-A