Red "Low Battery" Notification Light

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when the battery is at or below 10% this red light comes on for the notification. is there any way to make it stop? can't find it anywhere

Advertisement
  2. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

I actually wondered this too, and after looking for 30 min. I came up with nothing.

3. nate94gt

nate94gt Active Member

yeah, that makes little sense to me. When our battery is close to dying, lets turn on a red flashing light.

4. dlp211

dlp211 Active Member

The little red LED uses so little power that it is pointless to believe that it will drain your battery. It in fact is a good way of notifying you that your battery is about to the die without putting more strain on the system.

If you are that worried about your battery at those levels there are third party apps that allow you to develop power profiles based on battery life.

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Yeah, honestly an LED uses negligible power, let alone an LED that is so small, dim, and only on for brief (flashing) periods. There's no reason to disable it.

6. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just think it's annoying, i don't care about the energy it takes. the blinking red light was just driving me nuts. if it was just a notification that I could clear that'd be one thing, but it won't go away until after the phone is above 10% battery

7. MikeTyson

MikeTyson Active Member

Having a seidio extended battery I was wondering the same thing... I would love to be able to completely shut down the blinking light if I could... has anyone figured out a way????

8. gmats

gmats Member

I know it is annoying but I think it's meant to be annoying. It's like the "low fuel" light on the dash of your car. If you run out of fuel (gas or batter on the phone) things could be bad.

9. shadowdude777

I'm not sure cause I haven't used it in a while, but perhaps Missed Call has a setting for this?

If you guys think this is annoying, my old WinMo phone would vibrate or beep every 5 minutes when the battery was low. ;)

10. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Yes, it would be better not to notify you at all so that it just dies and you don't know.

11. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member Contributor

Found it!

[​IMG]

12. shadowdude777

^ I think you got it. Either that, or for a less permanent fix, a small piece of black electrical tape. ;)