Red receiptsSupport

Last Updated:

1. talvi

talvi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using my old Vodafone SIM in my unlocked MS2. I've switched on Read Receipts but receive diddly.

Anyone any ideas why it's not working?

p.s. There seem to be a few features that don't seem to work quite as they should on my handset. In-Pocket-Detection doesn't work at all. Changing the orioentation of the device doesn't reliably change the screen orientation (for the same apps), though sometimes a bit of a shake kicks it into life ... minor irritations, but maybe something to do with quality of manufature?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

There is nothing like read receipts in SMS, only delivered.

It is working perfectly fine. You will not get a delivered confirmation. You will see a green check mark next to the the message that was received instead of some blue thing.

RTFM

3. talvi

talvi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Of course there are readc receipts for SMS ! What are you talking about? It is part of the base specification (of SMS not Motorola) Short message service technical realisation (GSM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mean "It is working as intended (by Motorola)", or perhaps as intended by the phone application, or as intended by Android. Could you be clearer if you know?

Thanks.

Not in the "manual" under "Messaging" (though it could be anywhere!)

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Not read, received - a big difference. The fact that someone's phone received the text does not mean the person read it.

Android is designed not to show you pop ups of received confirmation. Check Handcent maybe it has that feature.