• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Red Screen HP Touchpad HELP

mwulf

Lurker
Dec 18, 2012
For some reason all of the sudden one of my T.Pads background has went all RED. I have CM10 installed and it works flawlessly but the red screen is driving me crazy. Web OS also has this problem. Ran HP diagnostics from Web OS and it says nothing is wrong. HOW DO I FIX IT? I have rebooted, reinstalled CM10 and solved nothing but losing the apps and data installed on the TP. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

You think that is possible even though it still works but the wall paper is bright red. almost looks like a pc with the wrong display drivers. everything is still readable but just like the color and resolution is screwed up. What about possibly re-installing web os or a driver or something if thats even possibe? I see all kinds of info about Android but not much on Web OS installs to be honest so I am wondering......

Upvote 0
Sorry, WebOS has nothing to do with CM so if you have the problem in both, it has to be hardware. You also have to be careful with reinstalling WebOS w/o doing an acme uninstall of CM first.

More probable would be to power it off and press around the outside edges to see if it's a loose connection. (That's how you fix intermittent camera issues.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones