1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Red Traingle

1. silvestrereid

silvestrereid Member

Hey guys,
    I have an Htc one unlocked from bell using it on Fido. I currently got an update to 4.4.2( Kit Kat). But every time through the installation it stops midway and shows a red triangle with an exclamation point. I've never ran into this problem when i updated my htc one to 4.3.

I've Tried a factory reset through the boot loader, also tried going through recovery but when i go through recovery it gives me the red triangle with exclamation point. I also tried wiping the cache through the recovery menu.

Additional Info. The phone says in "Locked" when i'm in the boot loader.

I am kind of an android noob!!
    Here is The Picture of The Red Triangle
    [​IMG]

Thanks In advance.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

It's a Bell phone, so a Fido update won't work on it. It's on Fido, so Bell won't update it for you.
  3. silvestrereid

silvestrereid Member

Yeah, but I had an previous update which was 4.3 an I had no problems updating it , I don't know if that's real reason
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Is the phone s off,or s on? If you're unsure,give us the info from the hboot screen
  5. silvestrereid

silvestrereid Member

To get the info from the h boot.screen, do I have to go into the boot loader? ?
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Yes. The information on the bootloader screen
  7. clsA

clsA Well-Known Member Guide

The red triangle screen is Stock recovery
    simply hold vol up and then power to bring up the menu

then
    The full instructions are here >> Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: How to: manually install an OTA update on your HTC device
    scotty85 likes this.