1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Red Traingle

1. silvestrereid

silvestrereid Member

Hey guys,
    I have an Htc one unlocked from bell using it on Fido. I currently got an update to 4.4.2( Kit Kat). But every time through the installation it stops midway and shows a red triangle with an exclamation point. I've never ran into this problem when i updated my htc one to 4.3.

I've Tried a factory reset through the boot loader, also tried going through recovery but when i go through recovery it gives me the red triangle with exclamation point. I also tried wiping the cache through the recovery menu.

Additional Info. The phone says in "Locked" when i'm in the boot loader.

I am kind of an android noob!!
    Here is The Picture of The Red Triangle
    [​IMG]

Thanks In advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

It's a Bell phone, so a Fido update won't work on it. It's on Fido, so Bell won't update it for you.
  3. silvestrereid

silvestrereid Member

Yeah, but I had an previous update which was 4.3 an I had no problems updating it , I don't know if that's real reason
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Is the phone s off,or s on? If you're unsure,give us the info from the hboot screen
  5. silvestrereid

silvestrereid Member

To get the info from the h boot.screen, do I have to go into the boot loader? ?
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Yes. The information on the bootloader screen
  7. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

The red triangle screen is Stock recovery
    simply hold vol up and then power to bring up the menu

then
    The full instructions are here >> Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: How to: manually install an OTA update on your HTC device
    scotty85 likes this.