red triangle of annoyance

1. starfrog6

starfrog6 New Member

I have an HTC Aria and am trying to root it and install CM7 onto it. I have S-off after a painstaking amount of time, have superuser permissions, flashed clockwork mod recovery multiple times, re-installed ROM manager and flashed some more...Yet to no avail have I been able to boot into recovery mode or install CM7. Did I mention I was new and apparently got one of the hardest phones to root because of s-on? Help is a necessity hope you guys know where to start because I sure don't. If any info is needed I would be happy to give it. If i forgot something don't call me stupid please, or do it I really don't care I am just tired of digging for info then trying something and it not working. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I rooted our Aria but it sounds like your recovery is corrupt/ not flashing as it should.

can you direct me to the instructions you are using to root?

if it is ok with you I would also like to move your thread to the root subforum above this general forum. I think you will get better specified answers there.
  3. geekofagirl

geekofagirl Member

Update from OP?
    Any luck?

My Aria is rooted and smoothly running CM7, but a friend helped me out with it a year or so ago, so I'm not sure of the entirety of what was involved.
    I'm thinking about messing with it a little more myself and was curious if you had any luck getting your situation figured out.