Redbox app?

1. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

So anyone interested in getting the Redbox app? It certainly would be nice to reserve my Redbox like my brother can from his iPhone.

When I search the market there is one for Promo codes but not one to actually make reservations and what not.

Advertisement
    :
  2. PureDope

PureDope Member

Wait, so what's the point of this again?
  3. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it -- it's a $0.99 paid app, and I don't really use the service very often -- but RedBoxer claims to allow reservations, find a nearby machine, etc.
  4. latinmaxima

Maybe I should have been more specific. I wish for a red box app. I have a moment with 1.5 and the only thing in the market is Redbox Promo Codes for $0.99. I am asking if we can show enough interest to get redbox or someone else to develop an app that lets you make reservations and view your account on the phone similar to the iPhone app already out. Not sure if there is a Redbox app for android on a higher os than 1.5 though?
  5. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

Yes. RedBoxer is that app. The description reads: "Find redboxes; view movies; view on map. Find movies by title or genre. Reserve movies. Wishlist/Notifications for out of stock moves. Bookmarks." Sounds like what you are looking for. I guess it's not available for 1.5, though, since you didn't find it searching the market.
  6. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Not showing for me either, on 1.6, and I tried a few variations of Redboxer.
  7. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

8. latinmaxima

Yeah the QR Code says unavailable in the market. Apparently not compatible with anything but 2.0? Guess I have to wait for the moment to get 2.1 then. Oh well.
  9. wcramernc

wcramernc Active Member

I wouldn't mind that app for 1.5 (Droid Eris)
  10. Aelhues

Aelhues Active Member

I used the redbox site yesterday, and it seemed to be easy and effective from my Eris. I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for an app with as simple as their site is to use.
  11. BNEWD

BNEWD New Member

It's a paid app. I hav it on my moto droid n works great. U can reserve movies,view new releases n movie details ,shows redbox locations,search for movies by name or category,and view your account info. Its pretty sweet app if your a redbox user and it's only 99 cents!
  12. droidsoftdev

droidsoftdev New Member

Hey everyone!

I am the developer of the RedBoxer app. It is built on the 2.0 framework, which is why you guys with the hero/eris and other 1.5/1.6 phones cannot find it yet.

There are some cool things I wanted to take advantage of in the 2.0 framework and I was hoping manufacturers/carriers would be doing a better job of getting their phones up to date, but its been slow.

Sorry for the lack of support for all the non 2.0 and above people out there! :(
  13. shrugger

shrugger Member

Agreed. The redbox site is easy to use. Not sure why you'd need an app, let alone a paid one?
  14. lindsallie

lindsallie New Member

i would love to have a redbox app for eris 1.5
  15. daibang

daibang New Member

Ethere and zerovertex like this.
  16. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

I tried the redbox.com/m site, and it just plain old didn't work on my HTC Eris w/ 2.1. I would seem to get stuck "loading" over and over. It sure would be nice if it worked, or if they just made an app.
  17. dgruetter

dgruetter Well-Known Member

RedBoxer is now Redreserve

Works great on my 2.1 Android
  18. jdfaulkner

jdfaulkner New Member

What happened to Redreserve? Not in android market anymore and app not working on my phone either. I paid fot this app and use it a LOT. What's up?
  19. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

BookLover likes this.
  20. thanks Whiskeypawz
  21. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I downloaded it today to check it out. RedReserve (formerly called RedBoxer) still kicks it's ass! Hopefully they make some improvements because I would be all for using the official app, but not until it is as good or better than what I currently use.
  22. chrlswltrs

It is back on the market now. I remember it was off the market for a while and I contacted the dev. It was because RedBox had made some changes to the API and the app was being updated. Here is the market link to download it: https://market.android.com/search?q=redreserve
  23. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Apps2SD support for RedBox, please
  24. wintersg3

wintersg3 Well-Known Member

Red reserve has disappeared again, I had to get my phone replaced so now I don't have it. I emailed the dev and got no response. I really want this app back, can anyone help me?
  25. chrlswltrs

I also emailed him a couple weeks ago with no response