• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Redemptive vs Virtuous

jmolek28

Jul 16, 2010
I am looking to flash my first rom since this update is rolling out and I don't feel like dealing with it. I have been researching both roms (Redemptive Revolution 2.1 and Virtuous 3.1) for quite a while now and for some reason, I have not been able to see a big difference other than theme changes. Is there anything that makes one stand above the other? or am I just worrying too much :p

I concur with the above. Start off with Virtuous, get bored, flash Redemptive, get bored, flash another, repeat as necessary.
+1 on everything said so far and if you want to see something completely different, try MUIU. It's very different, but interesting.
I'm currently jamming on Redemptive 2.1 and I'd have to say it's probably the best yet, overall.
And just a little off topic here.......I love Hakeem Nicks! I knew he'd be great last year.
Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
If you use a software like Titanium Backup and back up your applications (not your system files) you should be able to restore your apps without a problem. When you input your gmail account to set your Market back up after you flash just make sure to use the gmail account you bought the apps with. All your apps will magically "connect" for you. Whether you purchased an app or not is associated with the Market account not the phone.

Also, look in to ShadowRom. I like it.

Upvote 0
I am currently flashing Redemptive, crossing my fingers that nothing wrong occurs. Wish me luck guys lol. Also, am I correct in saying that if I want to go back to my tweaked stock rom all I have to do is nandroid restore to one of those dates I have previously backed up? Sorry for all of the questions, I really appreciate all of the help. Maybe after I get comfortable with this, I can be one of the ones answering :p

Upvote 0
If you use a software like Titanium Backup and back up your applications (not your system files) you should be able to restore your apps without a problem. When you input your gmail account to set your Market back up after you flash just make sure to use the gmail account you bought the apps with. All your apps will magically "connect" for you. Whether you purchased an app or not is associated with the Market account not the phone.

Also, look in to ShadowRom. I like it.

This doesn't work of me... I purchased several apps (ESPN, EasyTether, Docs to Go, and most importantly ROM Manager... and they still try to make me buy them again after re-romming or getting a replacement phone.) I know it is supposed to work smoothly, but mine just don't. I learned the "use the same email address" after my first mishap and have always set up my app purchase acct FIRST when setting up new ROMs but have had to contact vendors for apks. Who knows,,, I have friends whose work perfectly. My mileage just varied.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones