Redirect of Death/Reboot during callsSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-19 20:40:50
  1. skyfire322

skyfire322 Member

I've had my Optimus V for about a year now (no idea why I've kept it for this long), and it's been "okay" for the most part. A few days ago, I got the infamous "Redirect of Death", any website I entered was redirected to the VM site. The following day, the phone would make an odd noise, then reboot in the middle of the call. When it's charging, the native music app turns on, and music starts playing.

I called tech support today, to get them to fix the ROD. That didn't work at all.

Could this be a hardware or software issue?

Advertisement
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Is your phone rooted or stock?
    Does your phone have a custom ROM or stock?
    If it's totally stock, and only if it's totally stock, power off the phone then hold the HOME+VOLUME DOWN then the POWER. Hold all three until you see the recovery menu. Scroll down with the volume down button until you see the "wipe data/factory reset" option. Select it with the HOME button.

Warrning: This will wipe all user data from the phone. Back up the apps with AppTyrant. Then Backup the SD card to the computer.
    When done with the factory reset go to market and download the AppTyrant app and install your apps.

Edit: You might have to sign back in to your Google account before you can use the PlayStore.
  3. skyfire322

skyfire322 Member

It's completely stock, and not rooted. I was hoping not to not do the factory reset, but had a strong feeling that I'd have to. Unfortunately, I don't have an SD hookup for the computer, so I'll just have to reinstall everything... Will try it and report back.

Thanks!

*UPDATE*
    Still got the ROD. I spoke to a Tech rep at Virgin Mobile, and they are sending a replacement phone. :(
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Cool, can't beat that.