Reduce number of home screens, remember last home screen.Support

Last Updated:

1. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Two things I'd like to be able to do with my incredible.

First is reduce the number of homescreens. Seven is really pointless for me, it makes finding the right screen take a little longer and there's just not enough good quality widgets that I need to use. I could do better with 5 and possibly just 3.

Second is that when I'm not on a homescreen and I hit the home button, I'd like it to go back to the LAST homescreen I was on, not the center one. And if I'm already on a homescreen, once again pull up the homescreen select menu, instead of going to the center homescreen. It's a waste of a button press to always go to that center screen when pressing the home button.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

+1 for -2 :)

3. ximfinity

ximfinity Well-Known Member

4. Adamx

I'll try it, but from what I've heard it's more resource intensive, and I thought I read that htc sense widgets don't work on it. Those are two things that make it an unacceptable choice if true, but like I said, I'll try it.

5. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

You cant have it both ways. Launcher does all the things you want AND MORE. However, you can't use HTC widgets. If you list what HTC widgets you use, I bet people can find free ones to replace them. I used fancy widget for time/weather.... it is identical.

Why not just use the 5 screens and let the far 2 (1 on each side) be blank. Just because they are there, they wont get in your way.

dscribe likes this.
  6. Adamx

They do get in my way anyways. You still scroll through them, they still make the page select screen more cluttered.

Wanting to be able to configure htc sense is not wanting it both ways, ffs.

7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Launcher pro is pretty sweet actually. Portrait and landscape, 5 columns in app drawer, and hiding the taskbar? Yes please!

8. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

1 if you use the far right and far left screens, why would you ever get to them while scrolling...... it isnt a loop scroll.

If you are only using 3 or 5, I doubt you will need the page select screen, but how is a blank rectangle or two "clutter"

Sense is really nice. If you want to customize further, use Launcher but they dont have HTC widgets. So, either use my advice and ask for widget help, or live with it.

Honestly dude, they dont interfere with scrolling and blank screen dont clutter ...... but if that is really some big deal to you, USE LAUNCHER.

9. Saja

Saja New Member

No need to download any app of any kind , just pinch in & it will bring up all your screens, hold & drag to delete as many as you like : )