Reducing delay time for secondary keys

Last Updated:

1. Raff1

Raff1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello! When typing on the keyboard, I frequently use secondary symbols, by holding down a button and wait for the secondary options to appear. However, it takes some time for that to happen, and the unnatural pauses makes me a bit frustrated when i'm typing. I like typing fast, and I barely tap the buttons when typing. I wanna know how I can decrease the time needed to hold down the buttons until the secondary options appear, so that I can test a few values and find something I am comfortable with. :)

Help is much appreciated! ^^

Specs:
    Model Number HTC Desire A8181
    Firmware Version: 2.2
    Baseband Version: 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.15-gf9c0527 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Build Number: 2.09.405.8 CL218634 release-keys

Advertisement
  2. Raff1

Is it any way to achieve this? Btw - I believe the delay time has been reduced a bit with the latest update: 2.2 ^^ (I don't know that for sure tho). But even more tweaking would be neat!

3. Raff1

I hope this is possible without rooting the phone :p But if you know how to do it on a rooted phone, do tell!

4. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member

Not sure on the stock keyboard but I know for sure that it's one of (the many) options available on Smart Keyboard pro (on the market) - this is a paid app but imho worth the cash (there are alternatives that you may want to test out before actually buying though.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Raff1 likes this.
  5. Raff1

Ah, thanks! I will check it out :) Alas, paid market is not available in Norway for some reason... There are many workarounds however :p I'll test the trial at least. Hopefully they support my language and some customization ^^