• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Referral codes part deux (New codes go here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke with Boost customer service.... two hours wasted politely demanding my code. I am eligible, but apparently these codes are "RANDOMLY" computer-generated now for "certain customers", even though their website's FAQ says ALL customers receive one via text after two payments.

In other words, they've lost too much money through referrals (and internet-posted codes) and they are trying to discourage their use. So their policy is now a bait-and-switch promise where they don't actually give codes to EVERYONE eligible and hope those left-out will forget. If that doesn't work, they say you have to refer the new customer first, then you call and get the code?? It doesn't make sense and it is contrary to their advertising.

I had to insist and escalated through two tiers of supervisors. They finally promised to send me a code within a day. We'll see. At this point, I'm not sure I want to refer anyone to them, though their prices are great and I'm OK with the coverage, so-so phones and 3g data speeds.

I am sorry to hear about your horrible service. I know that sometimes customer service can be a quite a hassle and give conflicting information.

I also have to call them for matters of the accounts as store representatives don't have access to that panel.

Not everyone is getting a code. I've noticed that the pattern is quite sporadic and I think they are choosing numbers at random. I do know that you are more likely to get your own code if you activated with a referral code to begin with.

If you need more assistance, I'll see what I can do. Just message me.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Not everyone is getting a code. I've noticed that the pattern is quite sporadic and I think they are choosing numbers at random. I do know that you are more likely to get your own code if you activated with a referral code to begin with.

I have not received any referral codes. I started with Boost 6 months ago (successfully used a referral code at sign-up that I found on this forum) and all my payments have been on time. I emailed Boost a couple months ago requesting they send me some codes but I just received a basic answer saying they are sending codes to eligible customers during the promotional period blah blah blah.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a new Boost phone and it is expected to arrive around Tuesday, this week, I'm looking for a valid code I can use to activate it when it arrives. I will need it asap, as I will have to start the porting process to switch my old number to my new phone as soon as it arrives in order to have to old phone shut off before the next billing date comes up. If anyone has a new code or one they are sure is still valid, please share! I will do the same when I get codes, this is now my second new Boost phone, so I should have some to share soon, I hope! Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
@ 111boost111

The promotion only applies to NEW accounts that are not coming in from Sprint, Virgin or any of the other MVNOs. So if you have an account with Boost already (or Sprint/Virgin) then you're not going to get the credit. Just to give you a heads up. Plus it is only for monthly unlimited accounts and not available on pay as you go as the person who posted above you noted.

You can use 121031958644. But it is posted in the open forum and I cannot guarantee if it gets used up before you get your phone.

I'd also give you the one posted by dranthony. But it seems that even though it was posted after the one posted by me it was all used up. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Lucky you guys got one. I'm in my 4th month now and I still haven't received mine and when I called, I quoted them the website and was told that apparently it's being done at "random" regardless of what their website states and they'll put you on a "priority" list to receive things like this in the future but no actual promise of a referral code.

Upvote 0
Brand spanking new... 125640943933... Just got it today...

Hey everyone and thanks for keeping this going ,
after i sign up I will be posting my referal code as well, I guess in 2 months since thats how long it takes to get one. Then they say it will be valid for a year.

I will be signing up via a retailer later today and am hoping this code will work.

However it would be nice if a fresh code came in today so I can bring a spare to make sure I don't go all the way to the retailer with my bratty kids for nothing... please let me know if anyone posts a fresh new code today.

Thanks alot, peace

Upvote 0

:dancing2:Thank you sr17091, I went today, got the order done including a phone and monthly plan as required for us to qualify for the ref credit and was told by the sales clerk that the code was accepted during activation etc., so I think we should see the credit within up to 6 weeks...:D I really appreciate your help sr17091... and also kolosus of course, we all owe thanks to the author and maintainer of this thread, Thank you very much!

Thanks again, PEACE

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, not sure if you're aware this weekend is the free phone giveaway weekend, free phone with new activation at "Select" locations, be prepared to make phone calls as not all dealers are participating, 4 phones to choose from, please see the Boost Mobile FaceBook page advertisement...
Also Ref code also applicable for this!:D

http://www.facebook.com/boostmobile

Enjoy, PEACE

Upvote 0
Good luck finding someone who's participating. I've been trying everyone around here with no luck!

There are still some here in Florida, if you like I can provide you with the participating authorized dealers phone number so you can order by phone and then he can ship it to you. Not sure if its possible but maybe it is.

Let me know...

Peace

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones