• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Referral codes part deux (New codes go here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The promotion only applies to NEW accounts that are not coming in from Sprint, Virgin or any of the other MVNOs. So if you have an account with Boost already (or Sprint/Virgin) then you're not going to get the credit.
Just to clarify...i am going to close my sprint account and move to boost. Am not going to transfer my phone number but get a new boost number, does that still mean i can't use the referral because i am currently on sprint? Thanks

Upvote 0
Just to clarify...i am going to close my sprint account and move to boost. Am not going to transfer my phone number but get a new boost number, does that still mean i can't use the referral because i am currently on sprint? Thanks

Hi RockDoc, though he may be right cause hes been with Boost or exposed to this subject longer than I, the following is what their site Referral FAQ page says and what you may choose to hold them to...

--Who can I refer?
-You can refer friends and family who are not currently Boost Mobile customers

:D nothing here about sprint etc and no * or link to any special terms as far as I can tell, and anyway Boost is a much better deal than most ... free phone, referral, or not, in my opinion.

So if it works out great, and if not and you then get steamed, then just argue their referral FAQs pages from their site and if that doesn't work with the person you speak with, then just push it up to the supervisor etc, after all it says what it says and that's what you are expected to rely upon when deciding, period! I am sure they too would probably not want to make a new customer feel badly about deciding to join. Thats just my reasoning.

Then they go on to the criteria to be met as follows...

-To successfully complete activation as a new Boost Mobile customer and receive your $25 credit, you will have to do the following:
  • Go to boostmobile.com OR to a select retailer ONLY to activate.
  • Input the valid unique referral promo code during the activation process.
  • Sign up for the Monthly Unlimited Referral plan or BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited Referral plan. Both plans include Shrinkage – for every 6 on-time payments your monthly payment will shrink by $5 to as low as $35 for Monthly Unlimited or $45 for BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited. Please be sure to visit boostmobile.com/referral for the latest list of qualifying referral plans.
  • Pay full monthly payment at the point of activation.
Hope this helps, Peace

Reactions: rockdoctor1
Upvote 0
;)There is an inconsistancy I did find about the referral program however, such as on the referral program welcome page it says ...

"Your unique referral promo code will expire 12 months from the day the code is issued to you, or when you make 3 successful referrals, whichever comes first."

Yet in this programs FAQs it say...

"Does the Unique Referral Promo Code have an expiration date?
Yes, the unique referral promo code expires 3 months from the date the code is issued to the customer by Boost Mobile, or when a customer makes 3 successful referrals, whichever comes first.
If the code was issued prior to 4/9/12, these codes are no longer valid."

Peace

UPDATE 11/30/2012
I have been with boost for 3 months now and can honestly say that this company is full of crap, they outright lie to you whether your talking with a csr or a supervisor or a floor manager, they're full of shit lyers period . DO NOT expect to get a referral code as promised at their site, and their service is no better or I should say not even as good as metro pcs and it is pricier than metro considering metro 4g depending on your usage level can be as low as $40 tax included rather than boost at 55.00 + 3.50 tax all for constantly dropped calls (and I live in the city -Fort Lauderdale, FL- using a new Samsung Prevail in perfect working order) and csrs that only spew out BS on a daily basis, this is the biggest joke of a company , I now recommend metro pcs and for everyone to stay as far away from Boost as possible. Just my 2 cents... Peace

Upvote 0
Hi there,

just got off the phone with Boost Cust. Service and I got my referral code.

Here it is, if someone wants/need to use it : 435268460811119 ( not a valid code !!! )

Thanks for using it. Enjoy.

PS: Turns out the code was not valid. Still waiting for a new one !!! Sorry about that. Will post again as soon as I get the new one !

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones