• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Referral codes part deux (New codes go here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be porting over from sprint on the 22nd Oct.

If someone has a referral, pm it to me... I GUARANTEE to be using it. On the 22nd.

I get some $$ and you get $$

Thanks in advance, I will update this post when I get a code in my inbox.

) ps--- is there a way to check referral codes if they are all used up on the website?

You can't use a code if you're going from Sprint to Boost Mobile. This is a migration. They won't allow you to use that code because it's not a regular port-in a person can do through the portal. Boost Mobile is the same company as Sprint, We're the prepaid division.

P.S There is no way to check if a referral code has been all used up until you put it in at time of activation. The catch is they only allow you 4 tries before saying "Maximum attempts achieved" or something along that lines.

Upvote 0
@septmeber, are you certain on no referal? Confirmed?

That sucks! Darn...

I am a confirmed manager of a Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile store.
I am sure that they won't allow it, We can't even do these migrations on our portal. We have to call a special migration department line to do the number transfer.
Also, When we had that free phone give away we couldn't give them to anyone who was migrating from Sprint, Unless they agreed to get a new number.
Sorry about that. Wish it wasn't that way.

You are still eligible to receive your own referral code though.

Upvote 0
Hi September. I was wondering. Since Boost is phasing out the Prevail. How much would it cost to buy say 50 of them? Dealer cost or what ever.

That would solely depend on your supplier. Our supplier is VHA (Vincent Huang and Associates). I want to say each phone will go for around $40 - $50. I think that price does decrease the more you get.

To get the discount on the phones though, You've got to be a registered dealer and have a supplier.

Upvote 0
@septembersrain

Can I do anything to get Boost to send me a referral code? I think I'm eligible to receive one. Ported from Verizon, used a referral code at sign-up, all 7 payments have been on time.

Inbox me your information. Phone number, pin number.
I'll see if I can get them to possibly get one sent/assigned to your number.

Upvote 0
I haven't gotten any referral codes yet, so I emailed Boost and this was there response:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Your account is not targeted to join the promotion. During this program, we will continually be checking for customers that have qualified. Boost regularly runs promotions and you may be included in future promotions."

I thought all customers who made 2 on time payments were part of the promotion. Today, I made my 6th on time payment.

Upvote 0
I haven't gotten any referral codes yet, so I emailed Boost and this was there response:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Your account is not targeted to join the promotion. During this program, we will continually be checking for customers that have qualified. Boost regularly runs promotions and you may be included in future promotions."

I thought all customers who made 2 on time payments were part of the promotion. Today, I made my 6th on time payment.

They've said they that it's likely everyone will receive one within a 12 month period.

This system is such a mess in my opinion.....

Reactions: MrCuteButton
Upvote 0
You can't use a code if you're going from Sprint to Boost Mobile. This is a migration. They won't allow you to use that code because it's not a regular port-in a person can do through the portal. Boost Mobile is the same company as Sprint, We're the prepaid division.

P.S There is no way to check if a referral code has been all used up until you put it in at time of activation. The catch is they only allow you 4 tries before saying "Maximum attempts achieved" or something along that lines.

Does this apply for Virgin Mobile to Boost Mobile as well???

Upvote 0
They've said they that it's likely everyone will receive one within a 12 month period.

This system is such a mess in my opinion.....

Thanks, I guess I'll be patient for now. Yeah, that's a bit of a mess considering the website makes it sound like everyone is eligible after 2 months.

And if someone (me) specifically asks for a referral code, that person (me) must want to refer someone. It's like passing up an eager person, and passing them out to people that might not even care.

Upvote 0
Does this apply for Virgin Mobile to Boost Mobile as well???

Actually, That's a good question because technically VM to BM is still considered a regular port-in. It takes time to process on both sides unlike migrations which are instant because you're just moving the line over the network.

I'll look more into this. Thanks!

Reactions: tilweoverdose
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones