Reflashing ROM

1. elbow

elbow New Member

Could some one give me a definitive set of steps for reflashing the ROM back to original HTC? I'm getting quite confused. Is there an official HTC ROM that can be downloaded or do they all come from enthusuats' bedrooms?

Also, does this equate to rooting and will it invalidate my warranty?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I'm assuming from the above that you've already installed a third-party ROM, so the easiest/safest way would be to restore the backup you made prior to that. ;)

Not quite. While there's no 'official' download source available, the generic HTC/Orange/T-mobile ROMs are available for easy installation here.

No, rooting is a separate procedure often included in third-party ROMs or applied to stock ones. As to the question of warranty..... probably. I'm sure any excuse to wriggle out of liability will be seized upon. ;)

/Al
  3. elbow

elbow New Member

Actually no. By "back" I mean get it back to the factory ROM and away from the Orange ROM.

Thanks for the links.
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Ahh, in that case just use the latest generic HTC update.zip and you're sorted. You're probably best doing a wipe from the recovery menu prior to running update.zip so that you start with a clean slate, so to speak. Oh, and make a Nandroid backup (also available from recovery menu) before doing anything, in case Murphy strikes. :)

/Al
  5. elbow

elbow New Member

... that b*stard ...