1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Refurb AT&T One X: 1.85 or 2.20

1. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Anyone know what version is shipping with AT&T refurbs? If it's 2.20 I'm really going to consider not going for a refurb replacement as I can't not have root on my phone...!

Advertisement
    :
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

it would depend largely how long its been sitting powered off on the shelf. its not uncommon for replacement phones to want to update immediately after being powered on.

best i can say is hope for the best. if the repalcement comes with 2.20,then go ahead and send it back and keep your old one.

depending on your issue,you could hang on to it long enuff for a new exploit to be found for 2.20. tho there are no gaurantees that will happen soon,or at all. :(

i just picked up a used one of these,and luckily it was still on the 1.73 software :D
    qwertyaas likes this.
  3. techguy21

techguy21 Member

Mine came with 1.85.

I rooted and enabled the FM Radio app, then backed up root with OTA Rootkeeper, updated OTA to 2.20 and lost root (of course) but Rootkeeper is unable to restore it. It shows as backed up, but restore fails (but says it succeeded), and trying it a second time reboots the phone.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

so are you saying voodoo failed to restore and youre now unrooted?

had you superCIDed and unlocked with htcdev prior to this? if not,you should have. :(

to others reading,you must superCID and unlock prior to installing the 2.20 firmware. youll be able to re-unlock afterward with your original token and remain rooted. if you do not do those things,you are more or less stuck until a new exploit is found.
  5. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Mine came with 1.85. Rooted last night but was getting late so going to unlock tonight and throw CM10 on.

You need to SuperCID and unlock bootloader as scotty said or you will lost root on 2.20. I won't be updating to that regardless. I'm heading for CM10/AOKP.
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

yup im keeping my firmware right where it is.im hoping for some s-off action from lazy panda,and i dont want to risk being on too new an hboot,or not being able to get temp root if/when they do release it.
  7. techguy21

techguy21 Member

Yep, now I know. I couldn't find any definitive answer on whether it would work or not.
    Oh well, waiting for the next exploit.
  8. geewhiz

geewhiz Well-Known Member

I've just gotten my OneX, loving it so far. However it came with 2.20. How new is this version?
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

that is the newest. unfortunately,you are screwed for root until a new exploit of some sort is found,or att opens the door for official htcdev unlock. :(
  10. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

There is an exploit for 2.20. I'm running it. Check XDA for directions. You will need to use HTCDEV to unlock token.