• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Refurb phones can't use update tool?

K-Rizzle

Android Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2009
I just got a refurb thrill on ATT, tried to update it through the LG update toold and it would NOT work. Looked around online only to find that the tool doesn't support refurb phones? I am so mad, I should have just went to best buy like I usually do, they had NEW thrills for free with new contract, but instead I ordered online.

Ugh, ok I'm so confused, I just checked my phone an it says the model is P925, so it's not a refurb then?

The back of your phone shows it's a P925 model, but when you plug it in to the LG Update tool, it says it's Model: P925P. The software is the only thing that was revised in the P925P model, I don't know what exactly was revised, but I know the phones are physically the same. The phone happens to say P925 on the back of the phone itself because it is the P925 model physically with "fixed" or "modified" software that possibly fixed some issues the P925 software was having.

Now to make it clear, this is just my guess, but it's likely to be correct.

Upvote 0
No, the model number being different doesn't indicate it wasn't refurbished, they just so happened to send you P925 models they had on hand instead. Most of the recent refurbs seem to be P925P, but they still have the others on hand. Refurbs are practically new anyway, these phones aren't too old yet and refurbs look mint. Mine was refurbed and looked perfect.

Reactions: K-Rizzle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones