Refurb question.General

Last Updated:

1. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i got my refurb in the mail yesterday. If i decide to keep both phones rather than mailing it off how much are they going to charge me for it and are they going to mark the s/n as lost or stolen?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

They will charge you full retail price of the phone. Which is about 450 dollars.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Yeah, for a phone that many got for free or $49 it's really quite expensive without a new contract.

4. Jmtegra

That blows... Full price for a used phone. You would think they would give me the price for a certified used Eris. I guess its there way of squeezing ever penny possible of there account holders. So weak!

$450 would make since i guess if it was brand new... But its used without a battery, back cover, charger or anything a new phone should come with.

5. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I think it might be more like 180.00.

6. Jmtegra

Why do you say that? Have you done it? I would consider keeping it if its $180 but $450 is ridiculous.

7. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I've read that refurbished Eris phones are $169.

8. Jmtegra

No i called verizon and they said it would be full retail, around $460. What a rip! So im sending it back tomorrow. I would buy a Incredible or Moto Droid if i was going to spend that much on a phone.

9. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Why would you keep the other phone anyway? I'm assuming your old one was defective....

10. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

I paid like $140 for my Eris off of Craigslist, just return the phone and get yourself one from there. Or eBay if anything, I hear there going for $200 or something there

11. Jmtegra

Well it had the silent call bug maybe twice in its life time.. but that was enough for me to call and get a refurb for chance of root.

I wanted to keep it for my girlfriend.. But $460 is ridiculous so maybe i can get myself a nicer android phone and give her mine or find another Eris on craigslist.

Call me dishonest for getting a refurb for only silence in one or two calls but hey... root was at stake here! lol

12. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I hear ya bro. I lucked out. I leaked, had the bug, and got the refurb maybe a week and a half before 2.1 was "officially" being sent out. so obvi. to say, it came with 1.5 HBOOT 1.47...