Refurbished/Reconditioned IncrediblesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I have to get a refurbished Incredible since mine has a blown speaker and I was wondering for those who received a refurbished Incredible, how the quality is compared to a brand new one. Is it like Apple's quality where it looks brand new? Or is it Verizon takes it back, with a few minor scratches, and repackages it? I have no prior experience with refurbished phones from Verizon before so I am just a little worried.

Advertisement
  2. davieboynj

davieboynj Member

I'm sure its up to the quality of other smartphones repaired by Verizons in house guys - - they look good but sometimes just aren't put together quite as well. since this isn't a slider, that shouldn't be a problem. outside of the hardware, keep a close eye on it initially, 'cause i have had some duds on the refurb front.

3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

yeah 1 time my dare just stopped working, and when i got a refurb the ear speaker was blown, then they gave me 1 from the store and it was perfect, couldn't tell it was ever a refurb.

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Well if there are any issues with my refurbished, I am going to see if I can get a different one. My Incredible has been completely naked for basically the whole time since I've gotten it first day and there are 0 flaws with it. No scuffs, no scratches, no wear and tear, nothing... until that blown speaker. It would really piss me off if I had to switch to a phone that had imperfections... It would be like I'm getting punished because of a defect in my first phone.

5. josh81

josh81 Well-Known Member

I have had several refurbs and I don't think you could tell the difference between the new one and the old one. If there are scratches on it, tell them that you want a different one that is in better condition and they will give it to you. They did at my VW store at least.

6. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

i got my incredible as a refurb, and it's in perfect condition. works absolutely flawlessly. it was like new, haven't had any problems at all. however, i had refurb moto droids, and they had problem after problem. i don't know whether the htc devices are made a little better or there are just fewer things on them to go wrong. in any case, this inc seems really, really good for a refurb...or even as a new device. i'd pull the trigger if i were you. just watch it at first like davieboynj says above. and if it chokes, ask for another.

7. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

I play music on my incredible...should I be concerned about the speaker possibly blowing out?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

8. rasmith18

rasmith18 Active Member

This is my 2nd Inc that has blown the speaker. I think this time I will get a refurb because Im out of the first 30 days. But my first replacement that I have right now was a NEW one, and is still newer then 30days. Does anyone have any idea what they will send me?

9. homieg

homieg Active Member

Noticed my reception wasn't as good on my refurbished one. Other than that, works great.

10. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

my refurbished incredible looked brand new. works fine

11. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

I just had a blown out speaker today too its bull. I'm starting to hate this phone

12. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

I'm on my second Incredible, which is a refurb. I was worried too since my original was cosmetically flawless. The refurb looks brand new, not a single scratch or other issue. So far so good.

13. BiggShooter

BiggShooter Active Member

Verizon is sending me a RECONDITIONED HTC DROID INCREDIBLE. I'm a little skeptical since to me, the phone I will be receiving was another owner's headache / problem. I'm concerned about getting a phone that will show wear and tear.

After updating my phone to 2.2 via the OTA update this morning, I cannot get six hours of use out of my phone due to the battery life being horrible. It is much worse since updating. It was fully charged when I woke up this morning, and after 3 minutes it was below 90% and falling (much worse than it did with 2.1 installed). I had NO TASK KILLER installed. The only programs that I set up to sync was my GMAIL and WEATHER. I called Verizon and without any hesitation, they said they would send out a RECONDITIONED HTC DROID INCREDIBLE and new BATTERY. I expressed my concern for getting another owner's headache / problem and the fact of a phone that didn't look brand new and was used.

So, just wondering if anyone has received a RECONDITIONED HTC DROID INCREDIBLE and their experiences with it.

Thanks for the replies :)

14. shred1

shred1 Well-Known Member

Same here.I'm getting a re-con on Friday to replace my one with a blown speaker.Which looks like is very common.If the phone isn't in near perfect condition its going back till I get one that is satisfactory.

15. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I get a recon on friday as well. It better be mint.

16. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

One thing to remember also is that a reconditioned phone doesn't necessarily mean it has been used up and or damaged and repaired. If someone bought one then returned it for say a Motorola Droid then Verizon/HTC cannot sell that phone as new so it becomes reconditioned.

I do second Shred1's comment to keep sending it back till you get one you like.
    BTW Shred1 did you have any issues returning a rooted phone?

Big Calhoun likes this.
  17. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I've gotten reconditioned phones in the past. They are usually indistinguishable from a new phone.

18. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I guess FedEx is going to be busy Friday. I'm getting my replacement Friday as well :)

19. dymmeh

dymmeh Well-Known Member

I've been running my refurb since the end of may without a single problem. Aside from the fact that it doesn't come in a fancy box, you'd think it's brand new.

20. mickym5

mickym5 Well-Known Member

I got my first DINC the day of the release, then dropped it off a three story balcony four months later. I got my replacement a day after that happened, and it is perfect. No worries to anybody receiving a replacement IMO. edit: mine actually did come in an original DINC box with another charger and battery, thats a plus

21. woop

Thats weird. Typically refurb units only come with the phone itself (minus battery). This is because, unless they have a stack of empty Incredible boxes just waiting to be filled with refurbs, they don't have boxes like that to give. And the charger would be pointless unless your charger was malfunctioning since they're all the same.

22. mickym5

mickym5 Well-Known Member

I was really surprised for two reasons. One: I've gotten replacement phones many times before and it shipped in a box with no packing inside and a lose phone flopping around. nothing else. Two: when I placed the claim with Asurion they told me I would only receive the phone, no accessories. I was pleasantly surprised with the original box and extra battery and charger though. No complaints!

23. R0llTide

R0llTide Well-Known Member

Interesting. I called with problems with my first phone and did not get anything sent out without hesitation. I had to complain without getting irate (imagine how hard that was) in order to get VZW to consider sending are replacement. I've been a customer for 11 years and have never complained about the service or any of the phones that I purchased. At any rate, I think the replacement is about the same as the first. I had to keep my battery and cover because the refurb did not come with either of them. How did you get so lucky?

24. woop

Actually, now that I think of it, maybe thats an insurance issue in terms of what you're getting. I'm getting a replacement directly from VZW, and am not going through an insurance claim.

25. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

The guy at the Verizon store here, who didnt know I was getting a refurb, was telling me he only gets refurbs because he thinks they are tested more vigorously and work BETTER than new ones.

My refurb came with a few crumbs (no joke) but works better than my original. It isnt perfect, so I might be getting another refurb or maybe a Fascinate if things go bad.