Refurbushed MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I took my phone to the Sprint store (flashed back to Cl14) and the guy said he could get me a replacement for free but it would have to be a refurbished model. Anyone have any experience with a refurbished Moment? Mine works great but the LED is toast thanks to my idiot brother. Other than that it works and has always worked flawlessly.

Advertisement
  2. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

50/50. I'm on my 3rd Moment. Initially, I got one replaced due to CDMA radio lockup happening every 15min of data use. The second one, a refurb, lasted about one month before the ribbon cable connecting the VGA data from the motherboard to the screen got pulled out of alignment due to excessive keyboard sliding. My relpacement for that has been working flawlessly and smoothly though!

3. dreze88

Were all the replacement refurbished? I might just live without the LED. My moment is in mint condition other than this LED beinf fried.

4. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

It's hard to get a spankin' new Moment as a replacement.

5. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

I have had many refurbs over the years with various phones. I can tell you that most of them are just fine. You are just as likely to get a crappy new phone as you are getting a crappy refurb IMO.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I have also had many refurbs throughout the years and never had a problem UNTILL the last refurb Mogul I got from Sprint. Before the Mogul, every refurb I got was indistinguishable from new. When my (3rd?) Mogul died I sent it in and received a worn out old phone as a replacement (massive screen flaw, slider wouldn't stay closed on its own, many scratches, button labels worn away). It was as if the only criteria for it being acceptable was that it turned on. The next day I went to a repair center (37th & 7th NYC) to get a replacement. They had 2 refurbs in stock, neither was any better. After hours on the phone, Sprint relented and gave me a new Touch Pro.

7. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Just got my replacement refurb moment...seems to be working better then the brand new one I got from day 1. Plus this one came with the cl14 update....battery much more improved....:D

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Posted this message using a refurbished Moment

9. AndroidStephen

AndroidStephen Well-Known Member

My wife got a refurbished Moment (looked brand new.. assume it was a refirb).. it's worked better than the new one she had. Plus it came with a 1500mAmp battery (yes, Samsung.. same size, etc..) instead of the 1440 that came with our new ones. So now I have just a little more battery life in my phone! lol

10. dreze88

Maybe ill try one out then. Some good feedback is always helpful, thanks everyone. :)

11. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Check if your parts of Maryland is chosen for the DTV version of Moment, might as well try it, if available. ;)

12. dreze88

I've had the refurbished Moment since yesterday and I can't tell any difference between this one and a new one. It came pre installed with CL14 (now DD10) and it looked BRAND NEW! It even had that little sticker on the side that says qualcomm. I love it. :)

13. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

With all the people returning their phones because of software issues (which are present on ALL Moments), you likely won't have any hardware issues with a refurb.

14. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I'm from baltimore is it available for me?

15. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

16. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

I think most people missunderstand the term "refurbished". It doesn't mean you are getting a used device. Refurbished means that the factory created a new device out of "some" used parts.