Refusing to send smsSupport

Last Updated:

1. xgermz

xgermz New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 27, 2010
    Hello, im having this bizare issue, this cropped up and showed itself after i tried the "airplane mode" i switched it on and off, and everything seems fine, however since doing so, it has catagorically refused to send a text message to just one specific number, texting other numbers works fine and calls works fine, but when i try one specific number it refuses.

considering this is my girlfreinds number, and im now unable to keep in contact with her, its a real pain.

the wierd thing is, its not even attempting to resend the message (normally when a message faisl to sends, it shows the busy trying to resend icon and gives "unable to send message after multipe attempts) but INSTEAD its flatly going straight to "message not sent" without even trying to resend.

this is completely baffling me as to why this is occouring... wether this is a bug, ... any help appreciated. Texting other people still works fine, its just refusing this one "important" number o.0

Running HTC desire Fully up to date.

2. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Have you checked your Call Barring settings? (On the Home screen, press Menu, then Settings, Call, Call barring settings.) Apart from that, all I can suggest is setting up another contact in the People app, with the same number but a different name (a nickname, maybe) and see if it works if you go into People and text from there.