reg hack on (bellphone )Support

Last Updated:

1. mr.glaxyS

mr.glaxyS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyways if u update from reg hack on bell phone if u did it u noticed it no longer bell firmware but noticed when did clean sweep(format)factory default said something in red boot :S anyways this what says for info my phone

model number
    GT-I9000
    firmware version
    2.1-update1
    base band version 19000xxjm1
    kernel version
    root@SE-S603#2
    build number
    ECLAIR.XWJM2

noticed did even update 2.2:( hope update comes to Samson galaxy S from (bell) soon starting get lags

god speed

Advertisement
  2. sean2476

sean2476 Member

If you do the reg hack what you get is the generic firmware direct from Samsung as it bypasses your carrier saving you from getting their splash screens and bloatware etc.

3. mr.glaxyS

well the thing is not sure if even updated :p anyways lost my hspa setting and etc still no 2.2FROYO on samsung galaxy s (bell) any chance we getting it soon also might i add wont try this reg hack again at least mine still b0oted up :D

4. sean2476

sean2476 Member

Before you do any updates with the SGS, I would test the 3 button recovery mode and if it doesn't work then get it working before putting your phone anywhere near a pc to update the firmware just in case it shits itself during an upgrade.

5. mr.glaxyS

hmmm never tested it the phone from bell got it couple days ago updates from samsung does not require 3button for the boot up correct is it not automatic??/i thought 3 button was only for hacked roms(not official updates)

6. sean2476

sean2476 Member

I think some early phones were missing boot up files and they were bricking themselves on updates. If you test the 3 button method first and it works then you will be fine. Once in the menu via the 3 button method just click reboot and it will just turn the phone back on again as if its just been turned off and wont make any changes to it.

7. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

The point is that you really want that 3 button mode to be available. Even if you never root it or flash it outside of the official updates you want this mode available. My brand new S corrupted out of the blue and if I had not been able to factory reset from recovery mode I would have had a permanent brick.
    Test it and if it works then forget about it but if not then be nervous.. :cool:

8. chrisully

chrisully Member

my new galaxy s in uk was generic would not do the 3 button trick sp carphone ware house now have it on repair

9. mr.glaxyS

How would try do the recovery mode test with out actually getting bricked

10. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

I think you are confusing that with something that happens out of your control. It is just a way to turn on for maintenance.
    Turn the phone off, hold Volume Up/Home/Power buttons, when you see the Galaxy logo let go of the Power button and hold the others until you get to the Recovery mode. There you can factory reset the phone, apply an update, and a few other things or just reboot. If you can't get into that mode then you have a broken phone. If you got yours recently then it should work, if you have an older one that doesn't then take it back for a fixed one.

11. mr.glaxyS

okay tested it work android system recovery<2e>is this good and what this mean my phone bricks i can save it by recoverable correct? free put any rom wish ....just wait for real 2.2 FROYO unless anyone can tell me if rooting is best