• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help reg hack on (bellphone )

mr.glaxyS

Oct 15, 2010
anyways if u update from reg hack on bell phone if u did it u noticed it no longer bell firmware but noticed when did clean sweep(format)factory default said something in red boot :S anyways this what says for info my phone

model number
GT-I9000
firmware version
2.1-update1
base band version 19000xxjm1
kernel version
root@SE-S603#2
build number
ECLAIR.XWJM2

noticed did even update 2.2:( hope update comes to Samson galaxy S from (bell) soon starting get lags

god speed

If you do the reg hack what you get is the generic firmware direct from Samsung as it bypasses your carrier saving you from getting their splash screens and bloatware etc.

well the thing is not sure if even updated :p anyways lost my hspa setting and etc still no 2.2FROYO on samsung galaxy s (bell) any chance we getting it soon also might i add wont try this reg hack again at least mine still b0oted up :D

Upvote 0
hmmm never tested it the phone from bell got it couple days ago updates from samsung does not require 3button for the boot up correct is it not automatic??/i thought 3 button was only for hacked roms(not official updates)

The point is that you really want that 3 button mode to be available. Even if you never root it or flash it outside of the official updates you want this mode available. My brand new S corrupted out of the blue and if I had not been able to factory reset from recovery mode I would have had a permanent brick.
Test it and if it works then forget about it but if not then be nervous.. :cool:

Upvote 0
How would try do the recovery mode test with out actually getting bricked

I think you are confusing that with something that happens out of your control. It is just a way to turn on for maintenance.
Turn the phone off, hold Volume Up/Home/Power buttons, when you see the Galaxy logo let go of the Power button and hold the others until you get to the Recovery mode. There you can factory reset the phone, apply an update, and a few other things or just reboot. If you can't get into that mode then you have a broken phone. If you got yours recently then it should work, if you have an older one that doesn't then take it back for a fixed one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones