• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

regarding goldcards

like other vf user I updated to the unwanted vf update.
my bootloader is 0.80
i have rooted my phone, made a goldcard(256mb) and tried to install a generic 1.21.405.2 but didn't work (I expected that)
to get rid of everythig that vf gave us I installed a custom rom from modaco and the phone works perfect...again...but manual install of 2.2 didn't work
i now that if i (manage) to install the generic rom (I hope) for every update I need to have the goldcard in the phone.

My questions are

1. with the custom rom...do I need teh goldcard in the phone?
2. if yes...I have a 16G new card...if I make it into a gold card....do I need to reinstall the custom rom in order to install any upcoming updates?

like other vf user I updated to the unwanted vf update.
my bootloader is 0.80
i have rooted my phone, made a goldcard(256mb) and tried to install a generic 1.21.405.2 but didn't work (I expected that)
to get rid of everythig that vf gave us I installed a custom rom from modaco and the phone works perfect...again...but manual install of 2.2 didn't work
i now that if i (manage) to install the generic rom (I hope) for every update I need to have the goldcard in the phone.

My questions are

1. with the custom rom...do I need teh goldcard in the phone?
2. if yes...I have a 16G new card...if I make it into a gold card....do I need to reinstall the custom rom in order to install any upcoming updates?

You can't get OTA updates while rooted, so i wouldn't worry if i were you.
You now only install updated custom roms, this is easiest with rom manager.
You don't need a gold card to do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones