• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Regarding mobile data network

dakshay95

Jan 24, 2013
India
I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos which I use for browsing the Internet using my Airtel SIM. The network keeps getting disconnected every 3-4 minutes. Is this a problem due to my provider or is there a problem with my mobile?

Also, why does the Status bar show '3G' or 'H' when I have a 2G connection? The status bar shows '3G' for a few seconds and then 'H' and so forth. Is this normal? So basically, my phone shows 'H' and '3G' but the download speed is only 14-15 KB/s. Why is this happening?

EDIT: Okay so I found out that Airtel offers two modes: 2G and 3G mode. I had a 2G data pack but 3G mode was enabled, that's why the status bar was displaying 3G. I disabled 3G mode and now it's displaying 'E' for EDGE. But there's no difference in the speed

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones