Regarding reception/connectivity problem on the Legend..Support

Last Updated:

1. thunder9111

thunder9111 Member This Topic's Starter

legend seems to have very similar problems with the Iphone4, both have the antenna at the bottom and when you hold it there, reception seems to go down.

But if iphone4's problems can be alleviated with a simple case.. can a case help the legend as well?

something like this?
    HTC Legend on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

anyone uses a case and find that it helps?

Advertisement
  2. inspirohost

inspirohost Member

From what I've read, I don't think the Legend should have any reception problems because of its build structure/body material and HTC has taken steps to avoid this as mentioned here: HTC Legend review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones

"As reception enthusiasts will know, a metallic unibody design isn't the best for getting mobile signal, which is why HTC has crafted a little slide-out panel to get the battery and SIM card in to the unibody design."

Having said that, I did notice a few breaks every now and then during voice calls, something I didn't notice on a Samsung touchscreen device I used prior to this one, which was most likely caused by signal reception.

3. zappa420

zappa420 Active Member

if i cover the earphone jack my wifi loses a bar, thats the only reception issue i have found

4. Matevs

Matevs Member

Hey,
    I had some weak signal in the subway and when I was traveling on highways in the country side - mostly when I was holding it in hand. Since I bought a silicone case (cca. $3 on Ebay) it's all fine.
    Also the case's protection is very handy in rough environments or in slippery hands.

5. cg26

cg26 New Member

You should try fiddling with the bottom plastic panel.
    I was having very low reception in good areas and I looked on their website, and they said to make sure the bottom panel is firmly attached. I thought it was, but after taking it off and putting in back on more firmly & carefully, went to 4/5 bars from 1.
    Something about the antennas....

6. sparksuk71

sparksuk71 Active Member

I had a few issues in the beginning as well, i have now switched to GSM only (Edge & 3G) which i find a lot better and only switch to Auto or WCDMA when i need to download large apps etc. Read somewhere its something todo with the auto switching etc, hope they manage to fix with froyo

7. nolook

nolook Active Member

i notice the phone takes awhile to switch from wdcma to edge...hope this is fixed in froyo